Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Game within MS. Excel.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Apr 8, 2003.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Some geek shown my mate this 'trick' to open a game in excel.

-> Open Excel
    -> Make a new page, click save as a webpage/htm/html format. Click publish.
    -> A window will come up which has a little check box which says add interactivity, click the box then leave it as what its set to, press publish.
    -> Close down excel then find the document page you just exported (use search to search the filename) with an internet logo above it, open the file
    -> Go to cell 2000: wc, make sure the wc is right up against the top and left border of the page then highlight the row with wc as the beginning cell.
    -> press tab. then ctrl shift and alt and a nifty car game should load up!

Give it a try, the games brick but its a bit nifty anywya.

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Haha. They are still making these little hidden "eggs," huh? I remember an older version of Excel had similar coding. If I remember correctly, instead of a car game, there was a fly-over of what I believe was a graveyard with headstones bearing the names of Excel coders. Kinda creepy.

3. coloradok1d

coloradok1d Guest

Mar 10, 2003
    if you look up, I think the term is eggs:rolleyes: in a search engine and add microsoft. You can find a ton. Just think about that the next time you buy a 100 dollar program and that comes with it. Programers just waisting your money, but maybe the one in word is worth it?:eek:

4. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    "easter eggs" is the term to search for - it might help to narrow it down as:

"easter eggs" +software

or

"easter eggs" -chocolate

if using a powerful search engine like Google... especially with Easter just around the corner (20 April).

Wulf

5. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    thanks yoshi...i'm outa here gotta try this out!