Game within MS. Excel.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Apr 8, 2003.

1. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Some geek shown my mate this 'trick' to open a game in excel.

-> Open Excel
    -> Make a new page, click save as a webpage/htm/html format. Click publish.
    -> A window will come up which has a little check box which says add interactivity, click the box then leave it as what its set to, press publish.
    -> Close down excel then find the document page you just exported (use search to search the filename) with an internet logo above it, open the file
    -> Go to cell 2000: wc, make sure the wc is right up against the top and left border of the page then highlight the row with wc as the beginning cell.
    -> press tab. then ctrl shift and alt and a nifty car game should load up!

Give it a try, the games brick but its a bit nifty anywya.
  2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Haha. They are still making these little hidden "eggs," huh? I remember an older version of Excel had similar coding. If I remember correctly, instead of a car game, there was a fly-over of what I believe was a graveyard with headstones bearing the names of Excel coders. Kinda creepy.
  3. coloradok1d

coloradok1d Guest

Mar 10, 2003
    if you look up, I think the term is eggs:rolleyes: in a search engine and add microsoft. You can find a ton. Just think about that the next time you buy a 100 dollar program and that comes with it. Programers just waisting your money, but maybe the one in word is worth it?:eek:
  4. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    "easter eggs" is the term to search for - it might help to narrow it down as:

"easter eggs" +software

"easter eggs" -chocolate

if using a powerful search engine like Google... especially with Easter just around the corner (20 April).

5. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    thanks yoshi...i'm outa here gotta try this out!