1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gamers: Anyone here play AA?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ray Holt, May 10, 2006.

1. Just wonderin' if anyone here plays America's Army. I hadn't played for a while but I've been getting addicted again the past few days. So, any of you guys enjoy this game?

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I tried it, but got very bored with the start where you have to run unditected so i stopped...

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I got excited when I clicked on the thread as I thought you were referring to Axies and Allies. :(

4. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    I play it on occasion. I've qualified for the Special Forces class some time ago, but after a while, I just didn't have the time to play. I may start up again soon when school gets out.

5. Yeah that part is a pain in the but... the trick is you have to CRAWL! :D

6. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I did back when it was first released, but the bugs and the 12 year olds eventually annoyed me right out the door. I assume they've fixed the bugs since then.

-Nate

7. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I used to play it, too. I stopped for two reasons: The game was getting REALLY buggy, and players started being a-holes. Oh.. I guess it was taking up a bunch of my time, but I didn't really care. I used to love that game so much. I was a Mountain Ambush type of guy... not many people played that map at all, but the people who did were pretty good. I learned a lot about the game through that map... for instance... its SO fun to shoot people through the fog. If you look out the side of your screen, theres less fog, so you can shoot someone blindly by tracing where they should be. ooh that was fun. I miss it.

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Takes too long... I rather run like crazy. :D

9. The computer version is awsome. I really dig it. I think the Xbox version dosen't do the name justice:rollno:

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    It was okay in the beginning, I had a hard time getting the high marks in marksmanship, so I quit. I ended up playing mostly multiplayer until the players started to become clowns.

11. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    It's alright, but some people can be jerks!

12. I used to play AA a lot. Then I got a new router, and I've been having trouble configuring the ports so AA works. :p

13. Ya just have to try and find a server with good people. There are plenty out there! I love it, it's a great game.

Lambo, I know what you mean about the fog thing, I use the technique of looking to the side to try and spot people in fog often enough :)