Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gamers Unite

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lesfleanut, Nov 27, 2002.

1. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    I just wanna see if theres any gamers out there. Talk about your favorite games of the moment on here.

My favorite game of the moment is "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" I just cant get enough. :D

Another great game ive been playing lately is the PC version of "Unreal Tournament 2003" very good online multiplayer fun.

I would love to play "Metroid: Prime" but I traded my GC for an xbox. :(

Im probably gonna get the new bond game for ps2, cause it looks pretty bad-ass.

Any other games I should know about? :)

2. I decided to spend my money on snowboard and bass equipment rather than a PS2.

I bought a copy of Gran Turismo 2 for the PS1. Fun game. Graphics...mmm...a bit stale but the gameplay is still fantastic.

I get to "drive" all of the cars that I can't afford...just yet.

3. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I just bought UT2003, and honestly I like the original better. The graphics are much improved, but the weapons(with the exception of the Link gun and the minigun) seem wimpy compared to the original. I dunno, there was just more 'oomph' when you hit somebody in the original game. Fun nonetheless, though.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I agree 100%. The original looked "darker". This one seems more the next Quake than the next Unreal Tournament.

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i'm currently working through Super Metroid on a SNES emulator running on my PC.

and even it runs slow every once in a while. half life runs pretty well on here though...and that's the last PC game i really got into.

i want a PS2 pretty bad, but i'd rather finish my bass/guitar setup first.

6. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    I agree about the coments on UT2003. But its still hella fun. I have the demo right now, but its near the top of my wish list for christmas.:)

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    for whatever reason, i've been playin' the hell out of mega man two on my nesticle emulator.

(i also began playing MM3. can't hold a candle to 2, imo).

8. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Yes, it reminded me of Quake III a great deal when I first fired it up, especially with the level design and weapons.

9. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hmm the new unreal.. its good.. not as good as the first one though!
    Quake 3 is always fun but ive gotten into shogun Total war lately and Freedom Force...
    I also have virtual on right now and am fixin to get probably the italian job or hitman2

10. anyone still play magic the gathering? gaming doesn't have to be electronic...

11. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm on level 9 at Pong. Gets seriously hectic.

12. Right now, I'm playing the greatest game of all time on my Game Boy Advance: Super Mario World! Yup, I'm up to Koopa's land. Whoo hoo!

I've also got Dragon Ball Z Legends running in my Playstation, which is pretty fun.

For some reason, I'm not all that into first person shooters, but that Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is awesome! I love being able to take Vespas and Motorcycles, along with takin' a chainsaw to people!

13. MOHAA! Medal of Honor: Allied Assault is awesome multiplayer online gaming. UT is also kicking some major heineken.

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I must say, Super mario World is my all time favorite game, and I truly believe it is the greatest game ever made. I have not played it on the GBA, but I'm sure its jsut as good.

I'm currently LOVING Metroid Prime....WOW! WOW! WOW! this game is the best game I've played in a long time. I just got to this Space pirate place and I scanned some of their reports and it said something along the lines of

after having destroyed their base of ops in Metroid 1 and super metroid they have reason to fear me, its things like this in games that I like a lot :D

but on the other half I also stumbled across Pirate data that describes their latest and deadliest creation, no doubt I will be fighting it shortly.

I rented Vice City not long ago, it rules....I was aprehensive about it at first cause the graphics and gameplay is so modified, but once I got used to the new graphics/physics and gameplay I began to really enjoy it. I hope to buy it as soon as I can.

one game that I played a while back that I really enjoyed was Final Fantasy Tactics....though its not a tradtional final fantasy game, it has the most compelling storyline of any FF game and it is really fun.

I'm not terribly big on FPS games, UT was the only game that I enjoyed...haven't played UT2k3 yet.

one game that is coming out soon is Star wars galaxies
    gamer or not, if your a star wars fan(as I am) I feel taht this game will be the end of my life. period. what moer could any huge star wars geek ask for than to be thrown into the star wars universe with anything to do.
    <drool>

heh, in my other thread(re: Metroid Prime) I said I'm not a big gamer...I think I lied :D
    granted, my interest in games wavers, I'm definatly in a gaming phase right now....I wouldn't mind playing some soccer though.

15. Favorite game for the last year: Alpha Centauri.

Current favorite game: Alpha Centauri.

Favorite game in the forseeable future: Alpha Centauri.

16. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I just re-finished secret of mana on the snes (the real thing, not an emulator, nar nar :p )

The only game i have on my PC is 'starcraft', thats a bit of a good game ;)

Hiopefully going to get a gamecube for xmas, dunno what games, as long as its not sport or racing im set ;)

17. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    i finished all RPGs games that I wanted to play so Im playing Grandia X right now.. on level 70ish.... trying to get ot the hidden boss, who's level 200 on the 100th floor :( im only at the 40th... 45 hours!! argh!!!

DM

PS: I really want Suikoden III for PS2, which is the next game im getting!!! w00t w00t

18. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I feel way out of touch! I just finished Red Alert 2 and Yuri's revenge, although it was only a couple of months ago I got it! I also wile away the houre playing Diablo II Lord of Terror!

I'm patiently awaiting the release of Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator III. II was a fair improvement over I, so I'm hoping III will move the game on as well!

19. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I Love Racing Sim games, I got this trick sterring wheel and everything. Loged MANY laps in Superbike 2001 ,Grand Prix legends and Nascar Racing 2002.

AJ

20. Often

Often Guest

Oct 4, 2001
    Stockholm Sweden
    Right now I'm alternating between Diablo II:LOD on battle net and Commandos.