1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gamers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by afinalfantasy, Mar 14, 2008.

1. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Haven't seen one of these topics, so I decided to make one. How many people here would consider themselves gamers? I know I would, as I spend most of my time on video games next to music. I currently have 57 games on these systems

PS1: 11
    PS2: 18
    Gamecube: 8
    Wii: 8
    GBA: 3
    DS: 9

I just bought Zack & Wiki, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence and Rayman Raving Rabbids today with my birthday money. Cheers to all who enjoy games.

2. I tend to stick to PC games.

The newest consol ive got is an Xbox, with 12-15 games. Only other consol ive got is an N64 with 5-6 games.

3. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    hm... while I do enjoy PC games alot, I wouldn't consider myself a gamer... I lack the nerdy vernacular and bloodshot eyes from sleepless nights from Call of Duty and Legend of Zelda.

4. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    I spend too much money on bass gear to have games or consoles anymore... recently sold my Wii to fund a new bass... :)

I used to be hardcore into gaming MMORPGS (EQII, WoW)

Lost a year of life literally on those games.

Now, I'm too busy working, hanging out, or playing with my band to play video games regularly... in other words, having a life. :bag:

5. good choices!

6. Akeris

Akeris

Jul 23, 2006
    New Jersey
    I am gamer.

I dunno if you can measure gamer-ness with the amount of games you have, but you made me curious so this is what I came up with

PS1- 61
    PS2- 81
    N64 - 30-ish. I count 26 but some are missing.
    GC- 29
    DS- 3.
    PSP- 12
    GB- 32
    Coleco Vision!!!- 26
    Comp- Alot.

Yay. :( :smug:

7. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Wii-13
    Xbox 360-5
    PS2-8
    Gamecube-15
    PSP-4
    N64-5
    Xbox-14
    PC-7

8. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    It's easy to tell who's a real gamer. It's the guy with the hairy palms.

9. nbw

nbw

Nov 10, 2003
    Arlington Texas
    PC-1

you only need one game when it is QuakeIIIArena :) been quake3'ing it since 1999 lol

10. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    I revisiting "Torment" on PC again. It's several years old and I'm surprised it works on the newer Windows XP Pro.

I also play Baldur's Gate (and associated variations). All in all, I say I have aboe 20 PC games.

11. I actually am just playing CS a lot on PC now, here's my list.

PC-lots
    Wii-10
    Xbox-21
    N64-6
    Genesis-15
    PSP-4

12. I like playing sports games, so I'm disqualified from being a "gamer". :D

13. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    You can still have a life and enjoy games.

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    7 games for 360, 4 for SNES.

I sell my old games to fund new ones. Very little money gets poured into this side hobby.

15. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Have you played Lost Odyssey? If I get a 360 in the future I may purchase that game, as it's from the guys who make the Final Fantasy games, which I love.

16. Back then I considered myself a gamer, but these days, the term has really taken on new meaning.

/rant
    Televised gaming programs, tournaments with thousands of dollars at stake, internet fads brought on by sites like Digg and 4chan and mega-companies like EA have made gaming fashionable.
    /endrant

All I play these days are PC games. Casually, at that.