Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gamers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ghosta, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Ghosta

Ghosta

Jan 18, 2003
    Are there any gamers here? Mac, PC, Playstation2, GameCube, Xbox, GBA etc. If so, what system do you own? What games?

I myself own a Gamecube, for the fact that i love Nintendo and its games. I own about 11 games so far. Im looking forward to playing the new Legend of Zelda : The Wind Waker

By the way, I know im not supposed to do this, but i would very gladly be appreciated if you gamers would post over at www.mogusland.com . See the forums there we have this RPG system where all members have a RPG character, like a game. And if we get new members to join we got moguls (or money). So head on over there if you have some time and would like to chat about games and much more. And if your there mention Ghosta when you post. Please dont lock this thread, the threads intention is to talk about games.

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Yo i have a gamecube with just two games (Mario and Res' Evil). Im awaiting metroid and zelda though, not long now before they hit the U.K.

Ive also a SNES with around 40 games, I play it every no and then and occasionally get a game off ebay for it.

I play warcraft 3 on the PC (over the interent) too, but thats yer lot for the PC.

PS- Isn't a 'moogle' a little cat/bear thing off secret of mana on the snes?

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    PS2 krew in da house :cool:

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Commodore 64.

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    "You think your Commodore 64 is real neat-o
    What kind of chip is in there? A Dorito?"

6. *DEEP breath*
    Amiga computer
    Snes emulator
    NES emulator
    Virtual boy
    Intellivision
    Collecovision ( fixed it with the intellivision, but parents never came to pick it up)
    PC
    Dreamcast
    Nintendo 64
    Game Boy
    Game Boy Advance
    PS1 (portable one)
    PS2
    Game.Com

i think thats it...

7. PS2. mmm.... sweet, addictive GTA3.
    and of course, there's nothin' like poppin' good ol' Killer Instinct into my SNES.

8. I had a gamecube, then they f00ked up Zelda from what it was going to be when I first saw it in magizines. Then I took my controllers and system + games and sold them to ebgames. Then with my store credit Mark bought himself a nice new SOCOM Navy Seals and PS2 Adapter for his PS2. Now Mark has fun online with his friends from school. Nor does Mark regret selling his GameCube :)

9. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    My brother has PS2, I'm more about the PC games myself. Warcraft, CounterStrike (though not so much anymore), Age of Empires II once in a while, and Combat Flight Simulator 3...

10. X-Box and PS2 reprezzzent. I can't justify buying a gamecube for only a few good games. Meh.

Has anybody played DOA: extreme beach volleyball? I'm still trying to decipher if there is any real game in there, or if they main goal is to do the nude cheat and sit there watch em in all their topless glory :eek:

11. Strictly PC here... I mostly play 3d shooters, i.e. Unreal2, NOLF2 and so on. Used to play a lot of flight sims earlier (read: '96-'98) but I haven't seen one I really liked since EF2000. Also some strategy games, Empire Earth aso...

12. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

is there seriously a nude cheat in there? :rolleyes:

the first time i saw the commercial i said 'man, if they're that desperate i bet they'll be spending all their time online trying to a the nude cheat'

13. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    well, it's April Fools time for Electronic Gaming Monthly...

14. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    I've been playing Serious Sam 2 (PC) a lot lately.

I just recently finished building an arcade stick so for all my fighting games. I works on the PS2 and the Dreamcast. I couldn't get it to work with my GameCube, but hopefully I can figure it out before Soul Calibur 2 is released.

Here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

15. Yikes, i didn't realize that it was their April issue. So forget what I said, there most likely isnt such a cheat. They did the same thing last year with "Unlock sonic and tails in super smash bros melee"

16. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    I have PS2 and a Mac. Right now I am on The Getaway and Escape Velocity Nova. I also have put in way too many hours at my drummer's house playing Halo and Morrowind on his X-Box.

My love for video games is only execeded by my love for playing bass.:D

17. N itt0

N itt0

Oct 5, 2002
    Marietta, GA
    Anybody play WarCraft III ? Wanna play some tonight?

18. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You're using a 286? Don't make me laugh.
    Your Windows boots up in what, a day and a half?

You could back up your whole hard drive on a floppy diskette, you're the biggest joke on the internet.

19. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Yo add 'steve_harriss' to your freinds list and ill give you a game. (I use the Europe server). Whats your name/server?

Im not too good but ah well :p

PS- Nate, how did you make that? It looks pretty impressive. Maybe with that I could finally pull of zangiefs 360 spinning piledriver on streetfighter 2 ;)

20. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    I found the plans on this site:

http://members.cox.net/joysticks/

I ordered the parts from Happ Controls in Illinois and then used the guts from a DC controller and a PS controller. There's no analog functionality, but you don't need that for fighting games anyway.