1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

gaming on a 4k tv.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Unemploid, Feb 3, 2015.

1. so i brought my wii u to fry's electronic to try it on a 4k tv. smash bros 4 (a native 1080p game running at 60 fps) looked great. some bad textures were noticeable and no major pixelation.

i also played

new super mario bros u: it looked like water paint.
    zen pinball 2 (south park table): major pixelation and had input delay.
    mario kart super curcuit: originally a game boy advance game. best visual setting would be pixel perfect mode with smoothing.
    how to survive: not a good looking game in 1080p, major pixelation in 4k.
    bombing bastards and tnt racers: didn't look any worst. tnt racers' visuals sligtly improved. the big 4k screen benefited the gameplay.

btw,i was play a sony 55 inch 4k tv. it was $1600. you may want to look into buy a 4k tv this or next holiday season. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021