Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GAMMA

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MODELL, Jul 5, 2002.

1. MODELL

MODELL

Aug 30, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Does anyone have any experience with these Auralex GAMMA isolation stands for amps and speakers. I use a 15" combo amp that would fit nicely on top of 1. I just wondered if it would help out where the floor of the room might be a problem. (Hardwood or tile, etc.) I can get 1 of the GAMMA's for $50.00. Any comments would be greatly appreciated....

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Are you talking about the GRAMMA? If so, they are closer to $175. They also have something called the MoPads that are designed for studio monitors to sit on, and are 4 for $50. I called a local high end audio store, and they made the mistake with the product model #'s.

If you have found a place that has the GRAMMA for $50, please let me know.
    I've been curious to try one out, as well.

3. MODELL

MODELL

Aug 30, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yes that's it. It is an accronym for something. The Guitar Center near me lists them for $189.00, but that is b/c there are 4 to a box. Single units can be purchased from a cataloge I just received. I can't remember the name but it's not musicians friend or sam ash. I'll check it when I get home and try to reply tomorrow. When I saw the magazin add, I could Guitar Center and their price was for a box of 4.....