Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cschenk78, Feb 9, 2001.

1. cschenk78

Mar 12, 2000
    Watertown, NY
    I have had a ganglion on my left wrist for a few months now and after a studio job I did last month the damn thing really started to hurt like hell...I had to keep putting ice on it and more beer in my belly to get through a show the night after the studio thing...I have been on Celebrex for about a month and the pain is gone, but the lump is still on my wrist...has anyone ever had one of these and do they ever go away?

any input would help...thanks
  3. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Hehehe,definately!Sounds like Stallion or something.That's what drew my attention to this thread...
    Anyway,fakeschenk,I can't help you...sorry!
  4. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hello. I have a ganglion on each wrist right now. They both popped up when I was a drummer. Fortunately, mine don't cause any discomfort (that I know of).

Since I started playing bass, both of them have gone down slightly. General rule of thumb from doctors is to leave them alone unless they cause pain, which it is apparent that yours is. You can either go and get it drained, but there's an almost 100% chance that it will grow back. You can also get it cut out, but there's a high chance that it will grow back as well.

There is also the "book" method of getting rid of them. It was used from about 1900 on back. Turn your wrist down so that the cyst is "popped up". Have someone take a large, heavy hardback book and slam it down on your cyst. This pops the cyst and your body absorbs the fluids. NOT RECOMMENDED! ;)

Goto and type "Ganglion cyst" in the search box. There is a lot of source material out there.

I think this is the most worthwhile post I ever made! haha

[Edited by Acacia on 02-09-2001 at 06:56 AM]
  5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I'm prone to these cysts, due to heredity, and have to have them removed from time to time. If they are drained, they do come back. I've yet to have one return in the same spot after being removed. (simple office procedure, local anisthetic, few stiches...get it done, they only get worse, and the bigger they are when you cut them out, the more they hurt.)

6. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    I had one on my left wrist that I guess resulted from my wrist being broken from a motorcycle accident. It stuck around for a couple of years and then went away when I started playing bass never to be seen or heard of again, go figure.

7. Had one removed from my right wrist in December.
    Back to full power now !!!

Later and good luck.
  8. I had one cut out of my left wrist back in the 70's and I'm not sure if I had to do it over again if I would do it. It took almost a year before I could put full downward pressure on my left hand. Luckily it had no effect on my bass playing but it sure did hurt when I hit it on something and pushed it down. My Doctor also told me about hitting it with a book to get rid of it, but man you gotta have some huge bassballs to let someone do that to ya!!
    Try all the other things first before you let them cut on you. Except maybe the book thing. Good luck!!