1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Garage amp sale #2: Micro amp, Raven labs blender, Tiny Mite speaker, etc.

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Chris Fitzgerald, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Doing some major renovation to the house, so a bunch of gear has to go. I'll introduce the pieces one post at a time so as to be able to add pics:

Acoustic Image/Falk Tiny Mite 8 micro amp and case

A series I Clarus head paired with a Falk Tiny Mite 8" full range cab that all fits in a rolling travel case with telescoping handle. All in perfect working order. I used this amp for years, mostly for drummerless gigs where I needed a little bit of body to the sound. The speaker is so uncolored that it sounds like a louder version of whatever DB I plugged into it. This amp works best for gigs with no drummer or with a very tasty drummer. If any other type of drummer is present, I'd usually add a second cab.

$415 shipped to the lower 48 for all three pieces (I'd like to sell this as a unit if possible because it's so handy that way). Check or money order only.

Here (I hope) are some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notice that the amp has a built in homemade tiltback device on it. I've always found it handy, but if you don't like it, it's removable with one screw. In one of the tiltback shots, you can also see that there's a small dent in the speaker cover which is cosmetic only. The speaker is a Falk designed full range cabinet with an 8" Eminence driver. The horn is bypassed as is, but could easily be reconnected. The whole unit can also be pole mounted if desired.

EDIT: I still have the original Clarus bag that goes with the head, and will include it. The head is attached to the cab with some industrial strength velcro, and will detach with a hearty tug.

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Raven Labs PMB-II with power adapter (not shown), impedance transformer, and case. $220 shipped to the lower 48. A great unit that it pains me to sell, but since I have the Focus 2R series III amp, it's become superfluous. The case also doubles as a thermal lunchbox. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Falk Tiny Mite speaker with 10" Eminence driver

Made a great second cab for the micro amp in post #1. Also pole mountable, and has a pad for the horn which I usually kept turned off. Gary customized this for me, so he put my name on it just for yuks. The Tiny Mite speakers are very light and portable as well as full range (8 ohms). $115 shipped to the lower 48.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Euphonic Audio VL108 w/polemount flange

This one is left over from the last sale. It almost sold as a pair with a VL208, but I ended up breaking them up. It's the red label cab on the right in the first pic. It's been heavily gigged and shows some carpet wear, and the top corners have been replaced with older style metal ones (it was that way when I got it). The polemount flange was installed by Gary Falk, and no cutting of the cab was done. I don't have the kickback plate any more, but if one were ordered from EA, it would still fit. $265 shipped to the lower 48.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Deal pending on the Raven Labs blender.

6. Kam

Kam

Feb 12, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    How much for just the lunchbox? :D

7. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Deal pending on the micro amp.

The lunch box can be found at Walgreens. I think it cost about $8-10. If you don't pack too much stuff in the zippered pocket on top of it, there's still room to take a sandwich to the gig along with the Raven Labs blender, although I can't say that I've ever tried packing any ice into the mix when trying this. :)

8. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    I'll take a flyer on the 10" Tiny Mite.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.