Garage Anyone On There?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Owl, Feb 24, 2006.

1. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Just wanted to know if any of y'all are on Garage and what your experiences with it are like, good, bad or indifferent.

Post away--------------------
  2. We are.

It's good because people tell you what they think of your band.

What you can improve, what they liked, etc.

It's a good tool to get your music up to snuff.
  3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    yeah, but just because a piano player I worked with put up 3 tunes from a CD that i played on (search JON RANEY there), so I don't know anything about maintaining the site...
  4. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I have one online collaboration tune that I know of on there that was posted by the singer/songwriter. It's one of the Long Play songs that are linked in my sig. It seems like a decent site, but I don't really ever go there and had nothing to do with setup, so what do I know. lol...

Have Fun!! :bassist:
  5. ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
  6. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    It is good for feedback alright, when the reviewers are really astute and understand what you're doing that is.

Sometimes, you get some real dingbats, such as this one review from some chick (her term) in NM who concluded a review of one of my instrumental pieces like this, "DID THEY EVEN SING?" :rollno: :rolleyes:

I was laughing my ass off for days over that one! In fact, I'll even use her review in spoken form to start off my next CD. :D
  7. Skeletomania

Oct 25, 2005
    hong kong
    I just heard the song. It is not in anyway an insult, but the song sounds flameboyant. It's kind of like Savage Garden.
  8. whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
  9. Groove Theory

Groove Theory Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.

Oct 3, 2004
    The Psychiatric Ward
    yeah, we're on there, sometimes the feedback is really good and helpful, sometimes not so great. but overall the site is pretty good.

also, one thing to keep in mind, when you're listening to anyone's music on garageband, make sure you click the "HI" bandwidth to get a good quality sound (unless you're really using dialup, in which case, you have my condolances)