Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Feb 22, 2005.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Is anyone here into Garbage? IMO, they're one of the most brilliant studio bands ever. Of course they had a couple of big hits, like "I'm Only Happy When It Rains", but did you know they also did the theme to the James Bond movie "The World Is Not Enough?" It's brilliant stuff IMO, and superb studio work. Shirley Manson is very versatile, I wish I had a talent like hers to work with again. Sometimes we never know what we have 'til it's gone. :)
  2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I have an album from them, it's good listening! I like 'em...

3. Eric Grossman

Eric Grossman

Nov 3, 2004
    St. Louis
    Endorsing Artist: Hipshot Products and SIT Strings
    Great band. My band did a "co-headlining" tour with them in Israel a couple of years ago. It was great. They have no amps, and their drums are totally muted. Awesome, except their in-ears went out one night, and they completely fell apart.
    Shirley is really one of the nicest people I have ever met, period. We couldn't get over it. At the end of the tour, she came up to me to apologize for her behavior on the tour, and was like "***", I've never met anyone easier to get along with anywhere.
  4. CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    yea garbage is a killer band.
  5. Apart from the fact that their albums (especially the 2nd one) are a bit over-produced, I like Garbage too. Shirley Manson's a very good singer. Her voice sometimes reminds me of Kate Bush mid '80s.

Musically I'd probably prefer The Cardigans (especially the albums "Life" and "First Band On The Moon"), but their singer's voice gets boring very quickly to me.