Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gard does it again! - My MTD 535 Arrived!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mjw, Jan 15, 2003.

1. mjw

mjw

Jun 12, 2001
    Spring, TX USA
    Just wanted to express my thanks to Gard and Bass Central for helping me obtain my latest baby.

The "Brown Truck" showed up today and brought me a brand spankin' new MTD 535. Tulipwood body, maple-burl/cherry-sunburst top, wenge neck and fingerboard, and Bart Pups and electronics.

[​IMG]

I've been sittin' here at work playin' it through a headphone amp, and I can't wait to get home and play it through a real amp. It's phenominaly light and outrageously comfortable. This thing is SWEET!

Anyway, hats off to Gard, Bass Central, and of course, Michael Tobias. :)

Regards,

Mike

2. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    :eek: Sweet bass!! It looks amazing! I'll bet it sounds killer!

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    WOW, VERY NICE. Congrats!!!!!

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    My work here is done....

;)

5. bben

bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    That has got to be one of the best MTDs ever. Love the neck! Congrats!

6. LizzardTom

LizzardTom

Mar 16, 2002
    So Gard, you finally found someone to buy that piece of _____..............Just kidding. I've played that bass, it's a beautiful instrument. Congrats MJW, I'm olive green with envy.:D

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

...SHHHHHH!!!

:mad:

;)

...hey man, where you been? PM or e-mail me!

8. mjw

mjw

Jun 12, 2001
    Spring, TX USA
    Nuh... uh...... not so fast...... you know there's a fretless with my name on it somewhere down the road! :)

Cheers

9. RichBriere

RichBriere Guest

Jan 1, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Is there anything more beautiful than an MTD Bass? I think not! Gorgeous piece. Major congrats. :^>)

Bass-ically Yours,
    Rich Briere
    www.richbriere.com

10. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    mjw,
    Great looking bass! I bet that wenge neck/FB sounds great!

11. RichBriere

RichBriere Guest

Jan 1, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Gard, as an "aside" here..........just a quick note to tell you that your "reputation" is spreading quickly. Several players here in Upstate NY were talking about you (and your support of MTD) at a gig I did the other night. You must be doing something right. :^>)

Bass-ically Yours,
    RB

www.richbriere.com

12. I'm beginning to feel like I'm the only person in the world who doesn't have a brand new gorgeous MTD...

:mad:

[sigh]

Nice ax, mjw.

:)

b

13. RichBriere

RichBriere Guest

Jan 1, 2003
    Upstate NY
    B.......While I'm not personally aware of any others who haven't moved over to MTD's, I'm sure that there must be SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, (living on a small deserted island, perhaps) who hasn't Made The Discovery! Don't feel bad. ;)

Bass-ically Yours,
    RB

14. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Gard is the crack dealer kingpin of the Southeast !!
    though ive owned hald a dozen MTDs- i dont own one right now- but im going to NAMM with 3 grand in my pocket... gotta be careful- just spoke to Mike T and he said everythings sold but a 21 fret 535- good thing i want 24 frets- i think i may be safe after all- congrats on a beatiful axe- i just posted a thread with links to clips of my ex 635 in the studio and it sounded awesome, the bass did, if the bassist didnt!!
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=71637

15. mjw

mjw

Jun 12, 2001
    Spring, TX USA
    Yeah buddy!!!! :)

Tell ya what.... I *finally* got off work and made it home and plugged it in to a *real* amp........ and holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally awesome!!!!!!!!! ....and I'm not just sayin' that because it's mine..... I've bought a lot of stuff that I'm ashamed of. :(

Ok, I guess it's fairly obvious that I'm impressed to hell with my new baby, so I'll shut up (for now!) :)

16. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Hi Gard, I´m planning to buy a new bass, maybe from you (Bass Central). the thing is: I live in Caracas, Venezuela and I want a MM Stingray5. I´ve been reading here in TB all those threads of happy people in the USA getting their NEW basses by mail from you, so I thogth: would these guys do the same kind of "magic" shipping a bass to another country?????

Thanx.

Ignacio.

17. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Gard freakin' rocks.

He totally hooked me up with a cab last summer, quick, professional, and best of all, you don't even have to THINK about any potential problems on the other end.

What an asset to have here, even for comment and advice.

18. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

What Rich said!

Gotta love that vintage cherryburst finish, it's the prettiest of all. ;) :D

19. mjw

mjw

Jun 12, 2001
    Spring, TX USA
    Hey Ken!!! Like I said before... What a nice bass you got there!!!! :)