Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gard, I'm so, so sorry.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm sorry you had to read it here, but I've got some really bad news for you. You know that black Pedulla we been talkin' about? Waaaalll, it's been pushed back into the future a bit. See, I was down at the local guitar barn today, and there, hanging on the wall, was just the purtiest leetle Fender Jazz Deluxe V FMT, just beckoning me like a demon. I'm tellin' you, it was evil. I never shoulda' had the man take it down off the wall. I know satan was behind this, because there was an Eden Metro right there on the floor. What could I do? I was compelled to plug it in and ... well, that salesman probably was beelzebub hisself, and starts cuttin' the danged price and all. I was resisting of course, trying to calc out 60 percent of list in my head, tellin' him all the while, "No, that still sounds a little high," but it was no use. He knew what I was up to, and dropped the price down below their cost. No really, he showed it to me right there on the computer screen. I was dead meat. I'll post a picture of it very soon. It rivals my pet Lakland, Amber, in beauty.

Gard, I apologize to you for my weakness here, in public, on this forum. Don't hurt me.

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Sounds strangely familiar... oh that's right, it happened to me, too.
    :D

3. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Indeed. Here's a snapshot. I'll take some better pictures tomorrow. Brad, I know'd you was a victim too!

[​IMG]

4. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Man, that's one beautiful instrument. Congrats.

5. Munji, you've been a bad, bad boy. I hope you said a bunch of Hail Marys in penance. BTW, that's a sweet looking bass, even though I'm not really a quilted maple kind of guy. Congrats. I wonder how long that guitar barn is gonna stay in business selling below cost?

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Munji, Munji, Munji.....sigh.....

...ok, just this once, I will forgive you. If you get one for me too, that is! :)

It's all good man, I know you will have the Pedulla. I'm a patient man, and that black beauty is callin' your name. You can only resist so long...

7. I'm generally not a big fan of Fender but that custom isn't your everyday Fender. Congrats!!!

8. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Nice Fender Munji!!
    How's it sound? Are those Basslines in there?

9. i don't think so. AFAIK those are Fenders "Noiseless" pickups. but congrates munji, thats a sweet bass. and, i'll take that black pedulla off your hands! :D ;)

10. Being that the print is so small, it is difficult to tell. However, the way the font appears, my guess is that they are the Bassline pickups. Of course I could be wrong. It wouldn't be my first or last time!!!

11. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    The print says "Noiseless". Noiseless pickups are the spec'd pickups on the American Deluxe FMT Jazz Bass.

12. Munji - great lookin' bass! How does it sound and compare to your other Fenders?

That Gard... what a guy! Mr. Patience... :D

13. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'm a fender fan and i'm really happy that after years they finally have these basses that can compete, i think, with the best modern bass makers out there!

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Gotta agree, that one sweet lookin' bass...

(Wayne voice: ON)

You will be mine, oh yes...you will be mine!

(Wayne voice: OFF)

15. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Those are the Fender "Noiseless" pups. I've got them on my MIA Deluxe Jazz. They are pretty good pups in my opinion. I'm not thinking about changing mine out anytime soon. Congratulations Munji!

Edit: OOps! It looks like E String already beat me to the "Noiseless" I.D.

16. LJW

LJW

Feb 8, 2002
    northeastern pa.
    Nice bass.

17. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Fender over Pedulla? Bad boy Munji! Bad!

OTOH, that must be SOME bass to make it affect you like that. I know Brad was pleased with his.

18. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    How does it sound? I wouldn't know ... I don't actually play any of my basses. I'm a collector. Gard, don't worry. The salesman said he's owned over 200 basses, but only has 41 now. I told my wife this, so the handwriting's already on the wall regarding the once and future Pedulla.

Actually it sounds ... what else ... bitchen. Real nice tonal range, nice and warm. More warm than my Laklands, comparing the alder to ash. The guy says he just set it up the day before, and the action was perfect for me ... medium low, with NO fret buzz and no discernable dead spots. Fender done good. He came in at 60.9 percent of list on it. I can live with that.

It's the best sounding of my now four Fenders, including the Roscoe Beck. I like active electronics, and these pickups are just fine.

Here's another pic.

[​IMG]

19. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    if that headstock said "SADOWSKY" instead of "FENDER," would i respect your decision?

(j/k)

awesome looking. one more pedulla for me to not buy!