Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gard is famous! How cool is that?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jcadmus, Dec 29, 2002.

1. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Gard, you stud -- you're famous!

I'm leafing through the latest issue of Bassplayer magazine, and there on page 69, I see Gard's name listed as an endorser in an ad for Steinberger's electric upright.

Listed him right with the likes of Tony Levin, Rob Wasserman, Mark Egan, Doug Wimbish and many other greats.

I'm sorry, but that's just the coolest thing I've seen today!

You know, I've always dreamed of having an endorsement deal -- it would really cap my experience, show that I've arrived.

Actually I DO have one -- unfortunately, it's just for Odoreaters cushion insoles. :eek:

Nice going, Gard.

2. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    That is very cool. I think someone posted something simmilar recently. But hey Gard needs all the encouragement that he can get and I do think he's very close to making it. Hope he decides to stick with it.

3. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Three cheers for Gard.....

HIP HIP....HORRAY...HIP HIP...HORRAY...HIP HIP HORRAY!!!

Gosh that was dumb...:D

Congrats Gard....You above all people deserve recognition.

4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  5. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    That was my first thought -- I can't imagine I'm the first one who saw this (not with how late MY issue of Bassplayer always arrives each month).

But I couldn't find the thread, so I decided to post this.

Encore: Ain't it cool?

6. Can i have a autograph Mr Gard please sir? :p

:D:D

Merls

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey guy, thanks...it was very nice of the NS folks to put me in that ad.

I'm not famous, and not really an "endorser", I didn't get any special deals or anything - as a matter of fact, I bought the bass before I was a Bass Central employee, so I payed what any one else would for the bass.

As for "sticking with it", well...I've resigned from Rico Monaco & Sol Sons, effective the end of Feburary. I am not quitting playing music, but I need to clear my slate a bit, pay attention to more important matters in my life. I will eventually reconnect with playing music, but at a slightly less intense level.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys.

:D

8. Can i still have that autograph? :p

Hope it all goes well Drag... i mean Gard woo 'bout of Dislexia lol!

Merls

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Sure Merls, PM me your addy and I'll send ya one...if you're serious :p (why anyone would want it is totally beyond me! :confused: )

And yeah, that's a new one...Drag...never ever heard that one before, no sir, very first time ever, mmhmm, you are a true original and a genius to boot...

;)

...hopefully that case of Dyslexia won't develop into a case of Dyxlixia.

:eek:

10. That is tough news to hear. I have your CD in permanent rotation with all of the other greats and constantly drop your name when folks hear it for the first time. I'm sure your skills will be missed by the band.

11. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Okay, forget all that crap I was saying before. Your priorities are clearly way outta wack. ;)

You're a good man, Mr. Lewis.

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Hammy -

The Mrs. and my own sanity are MUCH more important than the band. They will survive without my services - they may even be better off without them! ;)

dumpster lump -

I would appreciate it if you would call my wife and tell her that :D. I've been trying to convince her of it lately, and it's falling on deaf ears. Oh well, patience and perseverance will pay off.

Show me don't tell me, indeed!!!

There are other changes in the future, I will let y'all know as they begin to unfold.

13. lol i do not like your sarcasm my friend. Check your letterbox and under your car very carefully Mr Malone.... waitaminute! wrong THREAD lol!

Merls

14. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Well, it's still cool, even if you paid full price.

Congrats, Gard, and best wishes on all you're trying to do right now -- I really admire your commitment to patching things up with your wife.

Hang tough, stud.

15. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    JC -

Y'know, you're right - it is pretty damn cool, ain't it. And, I've already let the NS folks know that I was leaving the band, so that they could take me out of the list, since I'm no longer with a "high profile" act, or at least won't be soon. The said not to sweat it, they're leavin' my name right where it is.

How damn cool are they? :D

I appreciate the comments on the patching up too, I've just had to realize that my priorities have been completely out of alignment with what I really felt and cared about. I am doing everything I can to bring things into proper balance in my life. Hopefully, my wife will see this and give it a chance. But if not, so be it - I will be a happier and healthier (emotionally and mentally) person in the future, once I recover from the incredible loss.

Don't anyone get the idea that I'm giving up - I refuse to - I'm hanging as tough as possible!

I love that woman, and losing her would be the worst thing that ever happened to me. I believe that I can make up for my mistakes, and make her the happiest woman in the world, if just given the chance. I am determined to do everything possible to get that chance - and to make the most of it, if I do get it.

16. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Gard:

If it makes you feel any better, I have to pay for my own Odoreaters too.

:D

Hang in there man -- with your attitude, I KNOW you'll win her back.

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    JC -

Wow, with your terminal case of bromodrosis*, that must be a pretty steep bill every month.

;)

I am planning on keeping the attitude, although I can't say that I'm as certain of my success as you are. I do hope you are right, and I am proceeding as if that were already the case.

* Extra brownie points to the first person to properly identify this reference. ;)

18. Bad smelling feet?

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Did you mean bromidrosis?;)

n. strongly smelling perspiration.

20. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Sigh...ok....so, you guys got the literal idea, but I was referring to a particular song - let's see if anyone can come up with that reference! :D

Jeff, thanks for the spelling correction.