Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gard Rules!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by masaru, Feb 12, 2002.

1. masaru

masaru

Aug 8, 2001
    Okinawa, Japan
    Got my new MusicMan SR5 today from Bass Central and I just gotta say I am impressed as hell with it. I am one happy mofo and I wanted everyone to know how much I appreciate Gard's help. I don't plan on posting pics but it's white/matching headstock/white pearloid pickguard and maple neck.
    It plays like butter and will be my favorite axe for years to come. Thanks Gard!!!

2. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I don´t care........... PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS!!!!!!!
    :D :D :D

Congrats friend!!!!!

3. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I have said it before, he is tres cool. Congrates on the ax.

Mike

4. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    YES!!!! Gard is da man...congrats on the new bass.

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...ok...where's that blushin' smiley?! ;)

Thanks guys, I'm just here helpin' out my fellow lowlifes! :D

As I like to say, I'm not a sales geek, I'm a relationship counselor. I try to join bassists and instruments into healthy and happy relationships...looks like I've been successful once again! :cool:

(Chris, you gotta let me know the next time you're gonna be in FL, you need to see my Zon now :D)

6. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Gard: I want to see your Zon too!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

7. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I will be in Florida Feb. 26th until March 5th, I will try to come by that week, i will call you and let you know...

:D

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Yeah Gard really is the man.. And i must add that My undercover gigbag is one if not the nicest gigbag I have ever seen :)

9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    This thread was pointless:

Everyone already knew Gard rules.

by the by, if Mark Kring hadn't shoved a Spector into my hands at the last minute, I probably would have gotten a MM strikingly similar to yours...

(ps-check walbasses.com to see the bass of the month-a bass Mark used to own!)

10. mcguin

mcguin

Aug 6, 2001
    de islands mon
    my 2 cents too!
    he was straight with me on my MTD 435 - thanks a million man! - loving it!!!!!
    let me know when you want to come down
    dan

11. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Ever since I got my Sterling from B.C. I think the rest of my equipment (that can possibly be bought from there) will be. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Mark -

I remember that bass, I really liked how it looked, played, and sounded. Good choice!

Dan -

SOON!!! :D

Glad the bass is everything you wanted. She was a sweetie, the guy that traded it in was happy to hear it found a good home.

Brad -

Mark is good that way. He seems to have a sense for the bass that's "right" for someone. He's the one that made me play the NS Design EUB when I first started looking at EUB's (before I worked at BC).

ldiez -

Those are great bags, aren't they? Can't keep 'em in stock!

Chris -

Cool!!! Looking forward to it. Hey, how's that Hipshot workin' for ya? Oh, and is the hair still fire engine red? :eek: ;)

DM -

I will get Mark (who's the man with a digital camera, does all the BC webpage photos) to snap a few quick shots of the Zon tomorrow at work, I'll try to figger out how to get 'em here then, ok? :D

13. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

My Warwick Streamer Stage I 5 arrived today. :D :D :D She's a lovely burgundy red (perfect for Valentine's Day), and even more beautiful in person than in the photo! BassCentral listed her as "excellent" condition, but I had to look hard to find just a few tiny flaws. Many vendors wouldn't hesitate to call this bass "near mint". She's set up beautifully, the strings sound fresh. I've been lusting after a Streamer I for a long time and now she's here. Can't wait to plug her in!

Gard, thanks for being so friendly, patient and helpful.

Here's the BassCentral pic:
    [​IMG]

14. stingray96191

stingray96191

Jul 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Unofficially Endorsing Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars
    I love Bass Central,

I bought Both of my nice basses her, and as soon as i finish paying for my most rrecent purchase i will be contacting them about an Undercover double Gig bag.

They really know how to treat their customers.

Erin

15. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    As did I. That's why I had the p/g changed. :)

I still can't believe how little I was charged for such a nice bass. Thanks again. :)