Garry Goodman CD Review

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Dec 30, 2004.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I've Been listening to Garry Goodman's CD called Tap Dance On A Cloud.It is very pleasing on the ears.Garry is very supportive in his role as a Bass Player(never getting in the other musicians way)his solo's are very tasteful and refreshing,his Purcussive Harmonics are an added Bonus in themselves alone.Garry is showcasing his composing skills,a talent I found to be very keen and properly pronounced.the music has a very strong Latin Jazz presence to it with just the right amount of Wordly Elements properly placed.There are 10 tracks and Garry uses his Tobias 7 string on 9 of them and his Adler 11 string Bass on one(and yes the Low C# is very clear).overall I found Garry's CD to be very well produced and(to me)Top notch and the musicians are of the highest caliber.adding Alex Acuna(Weather Report,J.Pastorious etc)to this recording is a strong indication to the seriousness of this recording.

The Name of the CD is

Nielsen-Goodman
    Tap Dance On A Cloud

featuring
    David Nielsen--Nylon string acoustic guitar
    Garry Goodman--7and 11 string Bass Guitar
    Ivan Krilzarin--Purcussion
    Alex Acuna--Purcussion

2. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    Hey Jauqo, where can I get one of those?

All I got from google was their site on dmusic.com:

http://nielsengoodman.dmusic.com/

Four complete songs to stream... Really cool.... :bassist:

3. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  4. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    Jauqo-the music will also be on i tunes, Emusic, the new napster,Rhapsody and a few others for those who just want to download the tracks,or a single track.It may be a few days before they are ready.

5. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    Thanks to the TB members who have ordered a copy of this CD!
    Thanks for the review Jauqo-

6. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    We played both "Tap Dance On A Cloud" and "The Low C# Theory" on a pair of Klein & Hummel monitors at NAMM. These run about $33,000. for the pair. The low C# strings on both CD's were clear and earth shaking.The Cd's sound good on just a boom box,but it is an enlightening sonic experience to hear these CD's on a high end system.

7. Sounds great! I'm gonna have to get me a copy of this!

8. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    hey Bernie,

I hope you enjoy the CD. A friend gave a copy to Marcus Miller.I hope he likes it as well.