Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Garry Goodman CD Review

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Dec 30, 2004.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I've Been listening to Garry Goodman's CD called Tap Dance On A Cloud.It is very pleasing on the ears.Garry is very supportive in his role as a Bass Player(never getting in the other musicians way)his solo's are very tasteful and refreshing,his Purcussive Harmonics are an added Bonus in themselves alone.Garry is showcasing his composing skills,a talent I found to be very keen and properly pronounced.the music has a very strong Latin Jazz presence to it with just the right amount of Wordly Elements properly placed.There are 10 tracks and Garry uses his Tobias 7 string on 9 of them and his Adler 11 string Bass on one(and yes the Low C# is very clear).overall I found Garry's CD to be very well produced and(to me)Top notch and the musicians are of the highest caliber.adding Alex Acuna(Weather Report,J.Pastorious etc)to this recording is a strong indication to the seriousness of this recording.

The Name of the CD is

Nielsen-Goodman
    Tap Dance On A Cloud

featuring
    David Nielsen--Nylon string acoustic guitar
    Garry Goodman--7and 11 string Bass Guitar
    Ivan Krilzarin--Purcussion
    Alex Acuna--Purcussion

2. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    Hey Jauqo, where can I get one of those?

All I got from google was their site on dmusic.com:

http://nielsengoodman.dmusic.com/

Four complete songs to stream... Really cool.... :bassist:

3. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  4. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    Jauqo-the music will also be on i tunes, Emusic, the new napster,Rhapsody and a few others for those who just want to download the tracks,or a single track.It may be a few days before they are ready.

5. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    Thanks to the TB members who have ordered a copy of this CD!
    Thanks for the review Jauqo-

6. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    We played both "Tap Dance On A Cloud" and "The Low C# Theory" on a pair of Klein & Hummel monitors at NAMM. These run about $33,000. for the pair. The low C# strings on both CD's were clear and earth shaking.The Cd's sound good on just a boom box,but it is an enlightening sonic experience to hear these CD's on a high end system.

7. Sounds great! I'm gonna have to get me a copy of this!

8. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    hey Bernie,

I hope you enjoy the CD. A friend gave a copy to Marcus Miller.I hope he likes it as well.