1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gary Moore gig, Sat night, Manchester UK

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rockin John, Jun 4, 2007.

1. We popped over to see Mr Moore who's in the middle of a smallish UK tour.

I'm a big fan and have enjoyed his music for years (tho this is my first time seeing him live) but, to be honest I was quite underwhelmed!

He knocked out some of the old favourites and a couple of new ones, which was great. But he seemed to be most interested in playing rather tedious and IMHO boring solos that just seemed to go on for ever. Twice the band stopped and he just played a series of fast, flashy licks that I assume was supposed to Mesmerize one and all. I didn't think they were particularly musical, they probably couldn't have been done without the Marshall being flat out, and there are thousands of guitarists who would have done that a whole lot better.

I'll buy his CDs but wouldn't spend on gig tickets again (£25 each).

No. Not impressed.:(

John

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021