Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gary Willis tuning machines.... ??? HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by banden, Aug 25, 2002.

1. where can a guy get those sweet looking tuning machines on the Ibanez Gary Willis bass? I think they are called "sure grip tuning pegs"

are they available aftermarket?

what about something like them?

here is a picture:

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I've never seen any model like those in other brands.
    What you need to do is find a comprehensive music shop with a Gary Willis bass in stock.
    Ibanez refuses to sell spare parts.

3. Take a look at Gary's web site. http://www.garywillis.com/

I recall seeing a page there where you could order them in pairs or threes for different combinations.

I don't have the page for you since Willis' recent site pooches my web browser.

4. Yes on the gary willis site the knobs are for sale for like 40$ for four string set... this is just the knobs though... no tuners come with them.

Mike

5. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Try goin on down to radio shack and finding a random Knob that fits on the tuner shaft and Buy that .Thats what willis did.

AJ

6. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I mean before He got the Ibanez deal

AJ

7. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    By the way the coolest thing about runnin Knobs like that is the Gig bag doesnt mess up the tuning there light and you can sort of roll them when changing strings Very quick(but you cant use a string winder any more)

AJ

8. Hey... you know... I remember seeing him with round knobs back in like... 93.... not the triangle knobs he uses now...

this is MY dog...

9. gack

gack

Sep 28, 2007
    Russia, Chelyabinsk
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but is there a way to purchase those Willis tuners - 2MH1GWB23K?