Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GAS alert, Warmoth releases bound deluxe five necks with block inlays

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Groovecenter, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Finally warmoth has em out... I fully expect to get one around christmas time. Great, now I actually have a real excuse to build my second one.

http://warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guit...art=1&menuItem=4&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0

I think Im going to slap a unlined fretless (maple/pau-ferro) on my current deluxe five with flame maple top then build a P J 5 with a solid color finish, pickguard and either most likely maple with black binding... though the rosewood with pearl looks amazing too. Well, at least I have a couple of months to decide... man I haven't had gas like this in a ridiculously long time.

2. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    Good news

Now....if they start offering downsized 5 string bodies and wider necks for 19mm spacing, it's Warmoth time for me!!!

3. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    I've got a 5-string Warmoth with 19mm spacing. Body is standard size though.

4. Yeah, from what I've seen the 19mm spacing will just about fit, but if you're one has problems pulling the G string off the board probably not a good idea. Would having 18.5 really make a huge difference in playing for those who usually prefer 19?

Personally Im adaptable, 17-18 seems to work best for me. I don't have particularly huge hands though, but somewhat long skinny fingers.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Warmoth Deluxe 5 bodies are smaller then the Fender USA Standard (or whatever they're called now ) and the necks will work with a 19mm bridge.

I'm building myself a Geddy Vee

-Ash Body in Black
    -Maple/Maple with black blocks and binding
    -Nord Big Singles
    -Aguilar OBP-1
    -Chrome Hardware
    -Black/White/Black and White/Black/White pg/s to switch around

The bass should be done in about 2 months.

6. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    VERY NICE! They just need to offer other fretboard radii. They use to. If they would do a 12" they get me to make a couple.

7. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    you ever see the title to a thread, and think.....You know, I REALLY don't need to click on that

:mad:

more GAS!

:bawl:

8. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    I can't wait to see it Nino!

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    they just finished those, i have a maple/maple with black blocks and binding coming this week, with a trans black ash/ figured maple top-
    i may actually have to sell it since i have ordered an identical Lull.

10. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    Thanks Nino, I didn't know that.

things are starting to look interesting now..... :ninja:

11. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Nino, do you cut your own pickguards? Warmoth does not seem to offer them, in case i go with a pickguard, i may need you to make me one- A.

12. Glad to see I'm not the only one who's ready to call warmoth and order me one of these bad boys...

Hmmm, sooo many options as to what to get it with... gonna have to be PJ, but what color?

Nino do you still have pics of that red bass with the the maple/black blocks and binding you had?

Honestly I think I might just be a lame-o and do one in that exact color scheme with black pickguard

13. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    tobacco burst on ash and maple w/black block inlay

14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Very Nice!

15. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    [​IMG]

16. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Nino did a great job with mine. Cut it from a blank.

[​IMG]

17. drool, ok, when I have the money and the time (read- most likely next summer) Im ordering me the parts and attempting to make a light warmoth deluxe 5 PJ in translucent red with a maple or rosewood bound and blocked neck. pickups and electronics, might go aguilar (obp-1) or sadowsky pre with unknown pickups at this point. Nords, sadowsky, need to play more examples before choosing.

Thanks Ant for furthering my GAS pains... :)

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    All I want is a 1.5" thick body. If they did that, then they'd probably have a bass out of me by now. They're doing the 1.5" T-birds with the raised center platform, and those have got me GASing pretty hard.

...er, come to think of it, I think they will for a small upcharge, or was that USACG?

Hell, I'm starting work this fall, I might end up ording one, either way.

Yo Nino, how's a T-bird and a 2+2 neck sound?

19. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    Oakland
    Are the deluxe 5 necks flatter than the the 4 string jazz necks? The one I have is kind of chunky.

Oh yeah -
    PJ5 Valenti - 59burst alder body, maple neck/black blocks, Nord PJs, Sad Pre...GAS!!!

20. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    I'll take 2 basses:

either white or tobacco burst w/ rosewood neck and
    black w/ maple neck

one J/J and one P/J

mmmmmmmmmmm

$$

:mad: