Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GAS attack! ...must..have..Spector...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tappel, Aug 16, 2003.

1. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    So maybe it won't happen for a few weeks/months until I organize my finances, but I can't stop thinking about the Spector Euro 4 with black stain finish. I visit the website every night and dream........

I know you guys can relate. :D

Tom

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yes, yes we can. As Spector alter boy, I know the feeling. Long live Spector.

3. What's GAS stand for?

4. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Gear Acquisition Syndrome

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    spectors are so awsome if you love the sound..i know i do!!!!

that might be a bass for me soon..don't know..im still thinking maybe a dp...hhm

steve

6. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Polly, i love how much you love spectors, but you don't have one...

7. brake

brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I LOVE Spector. 12 days until mine gets here(well, until my next paycheck does and i'll be able to finally pay the bastard off). My SX should be here a day or two before that. yay!

[​IMG]

8. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Spector's rock. There's no doubt about it. They can do it all, and take it all. Go Spector:bassist:

9. mmmmmm EMGs.............

I love Green Spectors and I'm not usually a fan of green.

10. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
  11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    How much money?

12. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Man, I've always ALWAYS wanted to try out a spector. I tried one once that I really liked, but it weighed about 50 lbs. Felt nice and sturdy though! :D

13. Dude...Spectors, it's all about preference w/ them. I have a Q6, people didn't like it too much, I think it's one of the basses you have to grow on. I didn't like it at first, but know I've grown too attached to it. I'm never letting it go. As for the the other models, gimme gimme gimme!!!

14. I can relate to the GAS, but I just traded my Spector on a very nice MIA Jazz a couple days ago. I wasn't playing my Spector much, so... I'll probably buy an American Spector down the road a bit. Hope the wait on your order is short, and the joy of the new bass long. :) :bassist:

15. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Man I am so happy I got a Spector, Rebop5 natural oil Czech. Yeah it's a bolt on neck but man it's nice. I like my natural wood finish, has anybody seen that holigraphic finish yet besides in the catalog? I wonder is you can get that finish on any model that looks sweet.

16. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Did I say a few weeks? I'm expecting it tomorrow. Pics to follow.

I got a Rebop5 late last year and that baby's slammin. Really looking forward to this one. I'm sure the wait will have been worth it.

Tom

17. Gettin myself two Spectors this year, a Bolt-On US Fretless and a Euro 5. The Euro 5 is either gonna be Black Cherry or Natural, and the Bolt-On will be whatever the distributor has(I'm not waiting for one to be made up, I'll take any finish except natural or amber).

18. I like that alot. I could never own a bass with the 'P' pup that way round mind, as it gets in the way of my popping. If it was the other way, I would save for that beast!! It seems Ibanez-ish with the pup that way too. I despise ibanez basses. Ugly, plasticy 'modern' needless crap. Gotta love my fenders though...

19. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I just picked up a passive Spector "Neptune" Bass 4 string. It was made by Kramer in I think 1986 according to the website. It's a bolt on as well. But I got it for $200.00. I ordered EMG active P Pups and a 9v EMG pre amp with mid sweep. The bass plays sweet, very nice action. I can't wait to put in the new pups, it will match my Rebop5 as far as output and should have a similar tone. It's a budget bass but I should get a monster tone from it when I'm done.

20. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I never got around to posting pics... I did post a picture of my Black Cherry ReBop5 somewhere in these forums.

The Euro 4 is the best four string I've ever owned. The neck-through construction and the maple body/neck combo along with that Spector set-in bridge... Every note up and down the neck is articulate. My playing is 99.99% live; the EMG's work great in that setting. I've never had a bass that cuts like this. If I had to pick a nit; it's the heaviest 4 string I've even owned. Other than that, it looks, sounds, plays and feels like a hi-end bass.

As I said in an earlier post, the Rebop5 is slammin' too. Those Czectors rock.

Tom