GAS attack! ...must..have..Spector...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tappel, Aug 16, 2003.

1. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    So maybe it won't happen for a few weeks/months until I organize my finances, but I can't stop thinking about the Spector Euro 4 with black stain finish. I visit the website every night and dream........

I know you guys can relate. :D

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yes, yes we can. As Spector alter boy, I know the feeling. Long live Spector.
  3. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Gear Acquisition Syndrome
  4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    spectors are so awsome if you love the sound..i know i do!!!!

that might be a bass for me soon..don't still thinking maybe a dp...hhm

5. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Polly, i love how much you love spectors, but you don't have one...
  6. brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I LOVE Spector. 12 days until mine gets here(well, until my next paycheck does and i'll be able to finally pay the bastard off). My SX should be here a day or two before that. yay!

7. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Spector's rock. There's no doubt about it. They can do it all, and take it all. Go Spector:bassist:
  8. mmmmmm EMGs.............

I love Green Spectors and I'm not usually a fan of green.
  9. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
  10. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    How much money?
  11. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Man, I've always ALWAYS wanted to try out a spector. I tried one once that I really liked, but it weighed about 50 lbs. Felt nice and sturdy though! :D
  12. Dude...Spectors, it's all about preference w/ them. I have a Q6, people didn't like it too much, I think it's one of the basses you have to grow on. I didn't like it at first, but know I've grown too attached to it. I'm never letting it go. As for the the other models, gimme gimme gimme!!!
  13. I can relate to the GAS, but I just traded my Spector on a very nice MIA Jazz a couple days ago. I wasn't playing my Spector much, so... I'll probably buy an American Spector down the road a bit. Hope the wait on your order is short, and the joy of the new bass long. :) :bassist:
  14. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Man I am so happy I got a Spector, Rebop5 natural oil Czech. Yeah it's a bolt on neck but man it's nice. I like my natural wood finish, has anybody seen that holigraphic finish yet besides in the catalog? I wonder is you can get that finish on any model that looks sweet.
  15. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Did I say a few weeks? I'm expecting it tomorrow. Pics to follow.

I got a Rebop5 late last year and that baby's slammin. Really looking forward to this one. I'm sure the wait will have been worth it.

16. Gettin myself two Spectors this year, a Bolt-On US Fretless and a Euro 5. The Euro 5 is either gonna be Black Cherry or Natural, and the Bolt-On will be whatever the distributor has(I'm not waiting for one to be made up, I'll take any finish except natural or amber).
  17. I like that alot. I could never own a bass with the 'P' pup that way round mind, as it gets in the way of my popping. If it was the other way, I would save for that beast!! It seems Ibanez-ish with the pup that way too. I despise ibanez basses. Ugly, plasticy 'modern' needless crap. Gotta love my fenders though...
  18. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I just picked up a passive Spector "Neptune" Bass 4 string. It was made by Kramer in I think 1986 according to the website. It's a bolt on as well. But I got it for $200.00. I ordered EMG active P Pups and a 9v EMG pre amp with mid sweep. The bass plays sweet, very nice action. I can't wait to put in the new pups, it will match my Rebop5 as far as output and should have a similar tone. It's a budget bass but I should get a monster tone from it when I'm done.
  19. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I never got around to posting pics... I did post a picture of my Black Cherry ReBop5 somewhere in these forums.

The Euro 4 is the best four string I've ever owned. The neck-through construction and the maple body/neck combo along with that Spector set-in bridge... Every note up and down the neck is articulate. My playing is 99.99% live; the EMG's work great in that setting. I've never had a bass that cuts like this. If I had to pick a nit; it's the heaviest 4 string I've even owned. Other than that, it looks, sounds, plays and feels like a hi-end bass.

As I said in an earlier post, the Rebop5 is slammin' too. Those Czectors rock.