Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GAS attack thwarted - FMT !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sanctum, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Well I just orderd my American Fender Deluxe Jazz V FMT, Aged Cherry Sunburst. I feel much better. Pictures to follow upon arrival. It could be awhile, as they are backordered, and while some places do have stock, I ordered through my local shop so for the money I'm saving I'll just have to be patient.

Now how to juggle the books so the wife doesnt get suspicious :D

Greg

2. ok, so I didnt THWART the GAS attack, I succumbed to it. What is the acronym for a post-GAS experience anyhow? heh

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i'd say you had a FART

Finally
    Aquiring

and then i can't think of the R or T...someone else who DOESN'T have to go to big band rehearsal right now finish that for me :)

jason

4. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    fanally
    acquiring
    required
    technology? tone-generator?

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Juggle those books brother!!!!! :D My GAS will be cured on Friday. My Eshenbaugh 5 is finished. Mark Eshenbaugh is driving down to Atlanta to attend my gig and soundcheck, so that he can do the necessary tweaking. How's that for customer service? ;)

6. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    Everybody has been saying GAS lately. I have no idea what you ppl are talking about. Am I the only preson who has no idea what GAS is?

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gear
    Acquisition
    Syndrome.
    Cures include cash, credit card, checks, money orders, and pay pal! :D

8. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    i c

9. geoffzilla

geoffzilla

Oct 30, 2001
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification
    Woodchuck.
    Every time I get on this site, you have a new bass coming. I thought you were married? I figure either you're not married, or you're lying about all these basses. I refuse to believe that both are true.

10. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    My Warwick Infinity 5 arrived last nite. I should be good to go for a while anyway. My wife was so upset with me (bass #9), she bought me a Reunion Blues Leather gigbag for Valentine's Day and surprised me with a new guitar stand today. Even if all my basses aren't keepers, she is.

11. Let's face it we are all in trouble. There is no cure for GAS and will never be one. We will just have to live with it. Oh well at least we will have alot of nice basses to play.:D ;)

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Geoffzilla: LOL! :D I ordered it about 3 months ago. Wifey helped pay for it!

13. geoffzilla

geoffzilla

Oct 30, 2001
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification
    not fair Woodchuck......not fair.....

14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Oh believe me, if I went to her today and said that there's this $50 beat up bass I wanted to get, she'd have my head!

15. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    gas=in debt

man i hate it. you want what you can not have... but i MUST have!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha:p

16. My number one rule for keeping GAS under control. Never, and I mean NEVER, charge anything to the credit card unless I can pay it off at the end of the month.

Ultimately, that means I can't buy much. Sure it's not as fun as buying a bunch of sweet gear, but it keeps the finances straight!

17. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    GAS has pretty much put me into financial ruin (well not really but you know what i mean). I put a lot on my credit card and that was SOOOOOOOO STUPID DUMB ME BANG MY HEAD INTO A BRICK!

anyway. yeah i try to keep a clear head when GAS attacks me. Cognitive dissonance is the side effects of GAS!!!!! The worst was when I had to have a Modulus Quantum 5... GAS made me sell everything (i'm talkin a DVD player to a friend, Sony Playstation to a friend, etc..)....just to get it....after that i was kickin' myself in the head....why does GAS do this to us? Or me for that matter.

Sometimes I sit in my room with my Pentabuzz and say to myself, "What the hell is wrong with you. Why do you want another bass????" Self control is key. Am I the only one????

18. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I finance my purchases by selling junk bonds to pre-schoolers. You'd be surprised how those Pennys add up;)

If I bought half of the stuff I see... I'd be funkycarnivore;)

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    The worst part of GAS is the dreaded "buyer's remorse".

20. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    funky has a Ritter that I want! GAS!!!!!