GAS attack

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by way_of_opiatism, Apr 23, 2003.

1. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    well ive got bad gas right now. im torn between two new basses. on one hand id like a g&l sb-2 and on the other (which i played and was nearly sold on today) the fender american dlx precision.

i dont think im gonna have a chance to play the sb-2 before i bought it, id have to have it special ordered. the fender ive played and im in love. both are about the same in price i spose, the fender is 1200 and i think the g&l is about the same, although an old book listed it at 900. whats your opinions on these two basses, how do they compare tonally?

2. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    also that fender would be with the rosewood board, i dont like maple too much.[​IMG]
  3. Never played the G&L, but I have played the Fender. Really nice bass, set up well with a nice sound to it. Also really liked the looks. If you go to Guitar center I know their blowing out some stuff. My vote goes to the fender.
  4. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    I played both extensively before getting the G&L. IMHO the active electronics in the Fender really take away from the quality of tones produced buy the passive pickups. The G&L however is a MONSTER! Very hot signal but still very organic. Also I have owned 5 Fenders and 2 G&L's and the quality and construction of the G&L's are far superior to the Fenders.
  5. superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    personally, i'd go with the G&L, but if you tried the fender and "love" it, then i can't see why you'd even have this dilemma? seems like a no-brainer to me! :)
    (good luck, either way)