Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GAS B Gone - New Stuff

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Big String, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Well, I just ordered my new Demeter VTBP 201S today and it should be here in a couple of weeks..:rolleyes:
    I just ordred the QSC PLX 2402 to power it yesterday and it's here already. :D
    I couldn't find any where to try the pre amps I was looking at (VTBP201s-Ag 659-Kern) so I took the leap of faith. I hate breaking my own rules. AnyHoo, this rig is going to power my Berg HT212 and I hope it's the "GAS B Gone" cure for a while.

Just a reminder I have my "other" Mesa 400+ on the for sale string. It's 7 months old and in perfect condition. ;)

2. sizz

sizz

Sep 23, 2002
    Bella Vista, AR
    Congrats to you...

I too am contemplating the purchase of the VTBP-201S very soon (after I sell my SR SM-500). I also cannot find a place to hear the Demeter/Aguilar stuff side-by-side, but from what I've heard and read the Demeter seems to be the best pre with the most features for the money. I would also be running it through a 2x12 cab (an Epifani)...super sweet. Please let me (and others) know how it sounds when you get it... you can also PM me if you want. I'm darn anxious to get opinions on the Demeter!:)

3. Will do. Soon as I figure out how to hook it up.
    fYi. I got it from the Demeter site on line and they are having a sale if you want to catch it. I won't mention the price here, but I saved some dough.

I to did not try either of them. It's a crap shoot sometimes.

4. sizz

sizz

Sep 23, 2002
    Bella Vista, AR
    sweeeeet... thanks:)

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

NEVER!!!

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    How much for the 400+?

7. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Here you go!!!

8. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    Imagine this. I have ordered, hafler poweramp, glockenklang preamp, dbx compressor, and eden cab, everything without hearing it. I payed fortune, and pray god it will be O.K.

9. Pick, thanks for getting my for sale post up there for me.

Biggie