1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GAS Cured By New ATTITUDE!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jo6Pak, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    Yamaha Attitude Standard 5, that is. Ok, its not NEW, new, but its new to me. Have been gassing for ONE LAST TRY at a five banger, but didn't want to spend much in case I don't follow thru with it, as has happened in the past.

Made in Taiwan and in excellent condition. It will be getting a set of D'A Chromes right off the bat.

$200 out-the-door from MusicGoRound:

YamahaAttitude5.

2. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    what kind of pickups are those... that doesn't look like a yamaha

3. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    The pups say YAMAHA on them, as does the headstock. Looks like a Yammie to me.

4. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    Oh sorry, I'm so used to the Attitude's having DiMarzios and I didn't see the yamaha logo on the headstock

5. stefanofailla

stefanofailla

Mar 14, 2008
    Agree- owned two attitudes, one 4 and one Fiver. The five is great, distinctive tone and looks.My instructor used it for years though eventually put BB pickups on it. Still sounded amazing on loads of records.

6. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    Was yours 'pink' too? Yamaha calls it Crimson, but looks more like deep pink to me (color is lighter than it appears in the photo). Also, if I could change just one other thing, I would have made it active or at least wound the pups a bit hotter. Either way, for 200 bucks, I'm happy with it and the GAS has subsided...

7. thefunkelastic

thefunkelastic

Oct 23, 2007
    nice pickup, I'd debated buying that online from music go round many a time, enjoy it

8. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    In my case, that shop is less than 5 mins from where I live and I have had my eye on it for a couple weeks now. It was originally priced at $300 and then reduced to $250. Today, when I remarked that I was interested but it would still require an additional ~$50 out of my pocket for new strings, the price dropped to $200. That's when I jumped on it. That having been said, I am a regular customer there and they have been consistently accomodating to me when I am serious about buying a particular instrument. Good people...

9. steve4765630

steve4765630

Feb 27, 2006
    A Yamaha Attitude with a bridge pickup? Never heard of it. Probably sounds way better with it though.

10. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I never heard of the 5 string Attitude at all. Neat find!

11. perkidan

perkidan

Sep 13, 2000
    Augusta, ky
    BAck in around 94 or 95. sounded great, played great. It was one of the basses I kick myself in the arse for getting rid of. Have fun with it man!!! :bassist: