1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GAS: Is God Sending Me a Message?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    By the end of the month, I will have been able to buy two of my favorite basses, a 55-02 & a USA Cirrus, for just a bit over $1,200. On top of that, I also have a great GB-75 Cort. I know there is no answer for this, but I wonder if my great streak of bass finds is divinely inspired, and it is seriously time for me to start ignoring my GAS since I am about to have everything I could want in a fretted bass?

I am serious and joking at the same time. Short of someone selling me a Celinder or Ritter for $300 that is not hot, I can't imagine better deals than I have gotten lately. It truly is time for me to ignore my GAS, because I know for a fact that GAS never goes away.:oops:

2. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Doc, you should use your gift to find me an MTD 635-24 for a good price...

:bassist:

haha

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Probably yes on the Lakland, but I don't think god is a big fan of Peavey basses.

4. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Gratz on your new basses, amigo. Very cool. Enjoy those groovy tools.

5. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I can tell you don't go to church.;) A whole bunch of Cirruses turn up in services and Gospel concerts.:bassist:

6. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    :scowl:
    Cirrus are amazing basses.

7. Hey if you can pull off a Ridge Farm Gas Cooker or a REDDI, I'd be much obliged.

But seriously, I love hearing about people getting great deals.

8. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Oct 30, 2006
    Ventura County
    God wants you to buy me a bass.

9. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    If you're happy with the gear you have, just stay off Talkbass. I never really had GAS issues until I came to this website. :D Once you have everything you want and you're happy, just focus on the music :)

10. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    It would be very hard to leave TB, because I love the people and conversations. I honestly think I can keep a lid on my GAS. When I first started posting here, I used to GAS like crazy for really expensive boutiques. Once I took an honest look at my finances, high end GAS pretty much died for me. My other weakness is budget basses like good older USA Peaveys and older Yamahas. Frankly, I don't need to spend every spare $100-$300 I get gobbling up "bargains" that I just don't need and end up selling or trading. That is why I think owning two very nice mid-price basses that would have cost me a combined $2,500+ new plus a really nice budget bass means that realistically, I am reaching my bass acquisition limit. The only exception being a fretless!:D

11. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

If God were truly talking to you, he would have led you to a really sweet deal on a Reverend.

:D

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I go twice a year for family reasons. Actually, the preacher at our local Catholic church is pretty good. I'm sure he sees this heathen as a twice-a-year Catholic, and that's cool. Anyway, OK, you got me on that one. I'm sure they're playing them Cirruses through Eden rigs, god's known favorite.

13. MrSuperstar

MrSuperstar Now Full of Supporting Goodness

May 8, 2007
    Boons Camp, KY
    Well, you should be done looking for Basses.

Unless you happen to be somewhere, and stumble across a burning bass in the middle of nowhere, then you may have reason to start GAS'ing again.

14. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    God's may well be looking into a Phil Jones combo since they get such a heavenly slap tone.:D

15. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Oct 30, 2006
    Ventura County
    If it were really God, He'd want you to sell everything except maybe one bass and donate all the money to something.

16. hahahahahah!!!!! I think that also goes for most of us mortals too. I bet God likes SVT's too, great for that thunder he seems to like so much.

17. Tenma4

Tenma4

Jan 26, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Hehe. Effects of the STL GTG? :cool: It got me wanting to trying building some cabs with multiples of smaller drivers. As for now, I love my DIY 110.

Now, talk about some G.A.S. for that Warrior I was playing and I test positive...

18. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    It's not GOD - if it was he would give you a deal on a Thunderfunk/Accugroove rig for $250 @ a yardsale.

19. enjoy the deals man, sometimes you win and sometimes you get ripped off. you're in the winning phase right now. enjoy it:)

20. I have long since prayed for a pre-EB stingray. One day the prayer was answered, a local ad selling for about $1k in local currency. It was so spiritual for me, knowing the odds of finding that instrument in my location. But then the heavens changed its mind, got me into an emergency situation that made me spend the budget on something else, and now the bass is in some other people's hands. I have my regrets, but I just move on. Let's just say god can change his mind if he wants to.