GAS Problem

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chunk-O-Funk, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Have you ever had gas and not know what you want? I could come up with quite a few options on high end boutique basses but I think I'm just looking for something different.

I think I have a somewhat well rounded collection of basses I like. My first real bass, a Rick, my second a Pedulla MVP, and along the way I got a fretless Fender Jazz, and a Ibanez 6er. My main bass right now is my Lakland Deluxe 55-94

One thing I don't have is a good P-bass but that wouldn't be different. By different I mean looks as well as sound so I was leaning towards something like a hollow body bass.

First thoughts was the Allen Woody bass, I have played one and probably should have just got the thing but had nothing to compare it to.

The problem of course is I don't know what I want, just that I, NEED something to relieve the gas.

So whats your thoughts on the Allen Woody vs. the Jack Cassidy, vs. one of the Ibanez hollow bodies? Also I haven't set myself to a price limit as of yet so maybe the lakland. Anything similar, Godin...Rob Allen (fretted) If it's worth the extra cash I might go for one.

One other thing I was thinking of, Fender made a dobro bass not to long ago, but I have never seen one besides their own product guide. My first thoughts is that it just doesn't sound like a good idea for a bass but it sure would be different. More than likely it would be more of a wall flower but that would be cool to me. The only kid on my block with one.

Last would be an EUB of some kind. Not the Dean though, Something closer to an upright with piezo's The problem with those is that they are a bit pricey for something I might not get much use out of, but you never know until you try.

So what I am asking for is options on something different to add to a collection. Just throw me some ideas of what you would think to be "something different" or your thoughts on my choices and comparisons.
  2. Paul_C

Paul_C Builder: Arrowheadguitars Basses

Mar 5, 2005
    Northampton, UK
  3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    A nice Hollow or semi hollow bass,after i get my next bass i go for a good hollow bass,i love this acoustic sound :hyper:
  4. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Yup. I posted a thread a while ago about having gas and not knowing what for. When something inside says "Muuuust buuuy neeew baaasss..." Usually the answer is the first bass you think of that you can't get out of your head that you don't already have.
  5. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I understand your feelings exactly. For some reason I want a G&L SB2 RIGHT NOW and I don't know why. I've never even played one. :meh: