GAS Relief thread...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brendan, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sorry guys, gotta vent the's unbearable.

I'm GASing for a Warmoth 4 string bass. I've already done about six different versions, all costing different, but I got it worked out to costing between 875 and 1K, depending on options.

Warmoth Angled headstock (their house head)
    Jazz body, routed P/J, possible Soapbar P and MM!
    AMB bridge,
    One of the Big Three electronics (EMG, S/D, Bart) set ups.
    Active/Passive, 3 band EQ

Now here's what's making me GAS for it so bad. Black body, ebony board, matched black headstock, black hardware, black pickgaurd, black control plate (Allparts sells them! w00t!), and maybe some of those black flatwounds on it. I call it the Black Plauge. :) It's just making me ITCH to get the money from working to blow on it!

After that, then comes the basses listed in my sig GAS collection.

Ed- D'OH! Forgot the important part:

So, what're you GASin' for folks!?
  2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    While this thread is up i may as well put mine up.

Lakland...oh so..perfect!

*spontaneiosly combusts from GAS*
  3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Sounds like a pretty cool Warmoth you're after.

I am currently wanting these:

Modulus Q4
    Fender American P deluxe 4
    Spector NS5CRFM

However, the idea of replacing the P Deluxe idea with a Warmoth is quite intriguing, too. One question, though. Is it better to buy just the neck and body from Warmoth and then get the pups and electronics and everything else from a place like Allparts??

Damn, Brendan, now you got me thinking.
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

The only bass I have true GAS for nowadays is a MusicMan Stingray 5 with standard spacing (1-7/8" at nut, 3/4" at bridge). However this bass is not currently in production and I would not pay extra for a custom-built model if one was available.

(Yes, I know I've whined about this in nearly a dozen posts here but I want one badly!)
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I try. :)

Woods from Warmoth, everything else hodge podge from Allparts, Stewmac, what have you.

Oop, forgot, P (or wide-ish) string spacing, w/ black Corian nut.
  6. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Current GAS is for a Warwick Streamer Stage II (4 string.) Although, it has been that way for a while :D
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    If this counts Im GASing for the bass Im building right now!

Aside from that I have MAJOR GAS for an F-Bass.

8. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i'm totally GASsing for Da5id Hex's fretless streamer sixer, but it will probably be gone by the time i gather the bread for it, and i will weep the tears of infinite sorrow.

nothing else is really KILLING me to get - i'd like a raven labs mdb-1 and a new tuner like the one i'm using now. it's a sabine and it fits great in my rack right now, but it was kinda freaking out today and wouldn't tune my bass so i guess i need a new one - but it's more of a need than a desire.

i'm sure if i played a fodera vic wooten sig bass i'd spontaneously combust with GAS though.
  9. I'm actually about ready to take it to or harmony central since I haven't found a buyer here! If you've got an idea of how long you think it might take to gather the cash, just let me know. I'm pretty easy to work with! :)

Ryan, I see that you're still lusting after a Spector. I've got an NS5CRFM in the For Sale section right now. I think you PMed me about it a while back and I thought I'd replied but I haven't heard back from you.

But I'm not just in this thread to pimp my basses for sale! I'm currently working on selling off 6 of my 7 basses, because I have severe GAS for a 5-string Sadowsky of some kind. Used if possible (as long as I can get Roger to set it up). If I can't find a used Sadowsky 5 once I get everything sold (which would be my luck), I'll probably go after a Fender FMT V, Skyline 55-02, Lull 5, or Pedulla Pentabuzz. So, I guess you can just throw all of those on my GAS list!
  10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I almost forgot!

Alembic 5 string Series One bass with tripple omega body style, knob peghead.

Zebrawood top, purpleheart verneers, and wenge core and neck with matching zebrawood headstock.

Lets not forget the continous wood backplates, wood PU covers, alchemy inlays, and gold or black hardware.

Im a man who knows what he wants!:D

11. Dear Santa, I have been a good boy this year.

I would like,

Essex Jazz, to mod the hell out of.
    Decent 4 string acoustic/ electric bass.
    Musicman Sterling 4 string.
    Gallien Krueger 2x10 combo amp, and a SWR 1x18 subwoofer.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, its ok if its used.
    a couple CDs, and DVDs.

Thank you very much.

12. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I can honestly say picking up my second cab and my ABG has caused me to pass all my stored up GAS.

Except for wanting a Steinberger XM-4...
  13. boomerang

boomerang Guest

Dec 9, 2001
    everytime I get gas, I pick up my acoustic geetar. Once i pick the ol fourbanger again, im so grateful to play fat strings that i have no desire for a better one.

try it, you'll be cured.
  14. jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    A peavey cirrus

the one that embellisher has
  15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I dont wanna be cured!

I want an F-bass, and an Alembic!

16. I want a bass with more than 6 strings. I wish I could afford a COnklin Groove Tools 7 and I wish I could find a Galveston 8 (non octave). I'm also putting together a fretless.
  17. Kraig, I saw a Galveston 8 on ebay last night.
  18. I currently really really want a Fender Bass VI.

I know this is a very foolish bass to be after and I will probably never find one in the UK, but they're just so damn' crazy I have to have one!

I'm also pretty sure that they're a load of sh!te (due to shallow break-angle over bridge and floating whammy tailpiece) and too expensive for me to get, but I live in hope!
  19. Yeah, I just wish they'd ship to Canada. :(
  20. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I want a Bass VI too!