1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GAS relieved!!!1! (EHX4800)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by flakeh, Aug 21, 2007.

1. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Finnally, After 2 months of waiting, multiple shipping errors, and duty fees, My EHX Small Stone Phase shifter has arrived.

I missed the delivery guy yesterday by 5 minutes :( So i had to drive 45 minutes to the fedex place at the airport. I was Very excited :hyper: :hyper:

I got it home, took it out of its shipping box, Out of its nifty white box, OUt of its bubble wrap, and then out of its bag (Hell they pack it tight)

Two lovely stickers of the EHX logo were included, Which fit perfectly on my speaker cone of my amp.

I love it! The sound is great with my other effects! I am very very happy. For the time being, My GAS is relieved. Something pepto bismal could never do.

My camera is missing, so no pictars. Friday I'll have some in the Post your pedalboard thread

2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    You put stickers on your speaker cones? You mean the grill, yes? Grats on the pedal, those things are a lotta fun.

3. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    One is covering the tweeter, as i never ever use it and have disengaged it permanently, The other is on the grille yes.

I am having oodles of fun with this.

4. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    My favorite phase sound. They'll bury me with my Small Stone when I die. :D

5. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Yah know your a halo nerd when.....

Yah know In halo 1 and 2, On the level blood gulch, theres those teleporter things..Well i was playing around with my wah and small stone...adn made that sound...

nerd

6. That's it? A Small Stone Phaser? The most common effect in the world?

...Jeez...

:D

7. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Now Now Keith, Don't rain on my parade.

:p

8. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    small stones are nice. good choice.

9. i love my small stone..

10. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    If anyone stole my small stone I would castrate them.

11. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I think if someone stole your small stones they'd be the one castrating you! :D

12. eyvindwa

eyvindwa

Aug 1, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    Mine arrived in the mail today from a fellow TB'er, and it sounds great! Hopefully I'll be able to work it into some of our songs and test it out at band practice next week :)

13. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    I just took it apart to see the inside. man is it ever packed in there!

I am noticing a bit of volume loss though...would putting it in a loop with a volome knob help?

14. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    zing!