GAS strikes! EBMM Bongo how much?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by corrosiontrav, Feb 20, 2006.

1. corrosiontrav

Sep 9, 2005
    they just opened a Guitar Center by me and I'm thinking of getting a EBMM Bongo that they have. I really fell in love with it.

Well anywho, I have a '97 MIA J-Bass that I would most likely trade in on the bongo. It's clean and in good order.

how much might I have to pay in to get the Bongo?
  2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Because of the Bongo's um... unconventional looks, it seems to be discounted @ GCs alot (tells you how much people know). At least here in my neck of the sticks.

Keep the Fender. You can probably get a new Bongo w/ case for $$850-$900 OOTD. Some here have done it for $600.
  3. UtBDan

UtBDan Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I bought mine for $825 used.
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Since they are new I dont think they would be blowing anything out at amazing prices. Id guess around $999 at the lowest. They sell for $1149 ish usually without discount.
  5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I got a brand new SC/H Carbon Blue 5 string for under $700 at GC, but that was when they were getting rid of the original shipment that didn't have cases.
  6. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    I played one recently at Guitar Center and was very impressed with the overall sound and the versatility was incredible. IIRC the price was only like $850 or so for a new 5 string, which seemed really good.