1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GAS support group needed.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by evlwevl, Dec 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. evlwevl

evlwevl

Jun 16, 2017
    Bakersfield
    I currently own 2 basses and 7 guitars. I only have 2 hands and limited time to play but I spend more time looking at basses on various sales websites. My Ibanez SR300 is fine for everything I play, light and easy to transport. My Ibanez 5 string Fretless was a want for me to own a Fretless and is really fun to play. Problem is I’ve been getting that itch again that I think could be scratched by a Fender J bass. I spend countless hours on Sweetwater looking at basses, comparing option, prices and looking at what I still owe on my SW card. I sometimes feel like my agent is watching me come back to the site over and over like a fisherman watches a fish nibble on the bait. I sometimes think I’m going to get that call from him asking me if there is anything I need right now and it’s going to give me the go ahead to pull out my card again. I’m resisting hard but I know it’s a loosing battle. In my minds eye, I already picture myself with that Fender on a stage somewhere pumping out badass bass tones even though I don’t even play gigs. What’s wrong with me?

TolerancEJ likes this.
  2. You don't need the Jazz.

saabfender likes this.
  3. Nothing wrong with you, you're a musician is all.

Have you played the Jazz? If you haven't maybe playing one will convince you whether it's really needed or not. What worked for me was making a deal with myself that if I bought a new one it would be at the expense of getting rid of one I already had. I snagged my Rumblekat on a whim and loved it enough to unload my Hofner. Maybe that's not a decision everyone would make but it worked for me.

Good luck with your GAS!

Mr_Moo likes this.
  4. andawun

andawun

Jul 13, 2009
    Oh yes you definitely need a jazz bass!!! May the growl and funk be with you!!!

5. mrcbass

mrcbass

Jan 14, 2016
    Sacramento, CA
    You came hear looking for help with GAS? We are the kings of all things GAS and horrible enablers....

Unfortunately I know what you mean about feeling that my sales rep from Sweetwater is looking over my shoulder every time I go looking around. Even more unfortunate, he hasn't had to prompt me too much recently...

JRA and TolerancEJ like this.
  6. Go somewhere that has a Fender 57 reissue precision... and the jazz bass you like.

Unless your hands are really small, you may give up on the jazz bass as fast as I did, it was instantly mine. 20181209_212053. I never looked back.

JRA and TolerancEJ like this.
  7. JRA and JACink like this.
  8. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

you know what's wrong. ;)

:laugh:

:roflmao:

TolerancEJ and saabfender like this.
  9. Seriously? If we tried to start a GAS support group we’d just end up selling each other gear. It’s a self defeating concept.:smug::roflmao:

TolerancEJ, evlwevl and JRA like this.
  10. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    You can’t buy something new until you sell something old.

TolerancEJ and JRA like this.
  11. The answer is more basses. Buy more basses until the feeling subsides for an hour or so, then it's on to the next dream on your wishlist.