GAS Treatment

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Luis Fabara, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Yesterday I had a G.A.S. treatment... I thought at first it would gimme more gas but the opposite happended.

I went to my uncle´s house to pickup a couple of instructional videos, and well, it turned to bass fest!

He took out all of his basses and we started comparing them and all.

Started with the DJ4 /J-Retro , I have been gassing for one of this since the neck of my 55-02 went crazy. (Turns out.. it just needs a fret dressing/leveling) Well, this bass is agressive, very good slap tone, and the J-Retro is versatile, but having so many stacked pots can be confusing sometimes. You might get used to the controls, but at first it really scares!

The action was set so low, that when I tried to do a bridge pickup tone down groove I couldnt get the sound I wanted. But still the bass was incredibly constructed and the neck perfect straight. This particular one was light, in comparison to an older DJ4 I tried.

Well that lowered the gas a little, cuz I still felt a little more confident on the tone of my 55-02.

What did really cure the gas, was playing his Fodera´s , Pavel, and his Lakland USA 94.

The Pavel was great by all means, and I have been Gasing for one of those... I played it quite while and then passed to the Fodera Edward Model. It kicked... it is even PASSIVE.. and sounded better than all the others. the 94 was great.

Then.. I played back my 55-02.. and still felt very good.

The only bass worth it over all was the Foera.. so what the hell, I have a $1200 Bass that makes me feel good, and the only contender to really make me feel a great difference was a $5600 bass.

Knowing that Im not going to spend $5600 on a bass... Im happy with mines!

I dont say that my gas for different basses is cured. But it has helped not to really need another J-like sounding bass for a while.