1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GAS!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ashtray, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Ugh - I love my basses. I love my amps. I love my cabinets. I'm not even in a band at the moment (lack of time). Why do I have such bad GAS suddenly??

There's 2-3 basses that I'm actively searching out and then I'm itching for a(nother) fretless. (for fear of spreading my GAS to others for these particular basses, I will hold off sharing until I buy or give up the search)

I was "doing so good" too controlling the urges to buy more gear, and suddenly I'm actively looking all around. Ugh. I *should* be practicing instead - THAT I could actually use, instead of another bass to feed. ;)

2. I've read that GAS is brought on by the subconscious thought that once we own said instrument, we've conquered it, which is of course false.

Conquer what you have before getting new ones.

3. Ha - forget "conquer", I can barely play the ones I got! I will never be so good that an Am Dlx Jazz or a StingRay will in any way hold me back. (or my other basses...). But I think a Pedulla would only make me better, right? :help: