Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GAS?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lorenzini, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Simple question:

What does GAS mean? Is it a real acronym or just something funny to say when you want something REALLY bad?

Well, this applies to either definition.. I have really bad GAS for Conklin's new Rocco signature. It's not even out yet, is this healthy???

2. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome :cool:

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

A terrible disease suffered to varying extent by all. I have a chronic case!!

4. NCorder

NCorder Smoke-free since 4/3/05

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    Don't feel too bad, Mark. I was a member here for about a year until I figured out what GAS was (and diagnosed myself with).
    However, I'm still trying to figure out whats up with carrots! Can someone help me out? :confused:

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    The carrot option you see on polls is there for those who just don't give a rip about what's being discussed.

;)

6. NCorder

NCorder Smoke-free since 4/3/05

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    Aha! Now I get it! Thanks! :D

7. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Ah crap. I definitely have GAS :(

Has anyone tried the Conklin Rocco?

8. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    While there is no known cure for GAS, there are a couple of things that can minimize the effects of it...

Prescription for GAS

1. Wife.

Take one. If that doesn't do it, you may have to take a few more (but purge your system of the previous one first).

2. Kids.

Take once and repeat as necessary. The more you try, your chances of overcoming GAS increases greatly!!!

9. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Heh, kinda like a tech forum that I visit that frequently uses "taco" just like this forum uses "carrot".