1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gasin' bad...warwick vs peavey

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkadelickbass, Feb 29, 2008.

1. funkadelickbass

funkadelickbass

Aug 13, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Social Media and Sales: www.creamcitymusic.com
    got it down to two basses.

Warwick $$ 6str fretless

Peavey USA Cirrus 6str Fretless

I can't play the fretless versions of either and I can't really on my own differ the pro's and con's of either...

i've been playing the fretted version of a 5str warwick and a 6str peavey all day and i love them both but can only get one...

Please Help!!!:help:

Andrew

2. My vote is for the Peavey! I have a Cirrus 4 Claro Walnut and I would not part with it for anything. Warwicks were always too big and heavey for my taste.

3. p-nut95

p-nut95

May 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I would go with the wick but i might be biased because i own the four string fretted version and ive never played a cirrus. so i guess im no help

4. funkadelickbass

funkadelickbass

Aug 13, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sorry about the lack of detail...I wrote the original post in a rush on my way out of work...

based on the ones I've tried...

Warwick:
    Pro's: that sound is amazing, pup flexability, in a year I get sick of it the resale value is great,
    Con's: thicker neck than I am used to, fewer options to choose from, the neck pup is almost in the way for slap...but this one is ment to be fingered anyway, ships in a gig bag...***?

Peavey:
    Pro's: Opitions are nearly endless, neck feels great, the one I order will literally be built for me...I just think thats cool
    Con's: Sounds great but not as growly as the Warwick, horrible resale value if I end up not liking it,

5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Warwick ftw.

A custom Peavey is about as exotic as a custom Ibanez :bag:

6. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    I have owned a Warwick and two Cirri? ;) I would take the Cirrus any day.

7. funkadelickbass

funkadelickbass

Aug 13, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    funny you should say that...these two are the result of Ibanez turning me down when I asked about them building me a fretless 6str...I assumed it would be a no, but I felt like trying anyways.

8. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Warwick. They have a custom shop too, and there are a LOT more options than Peavey has, and the quality is exponentially greater.

9. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Kinda true...and I own two cirrus. But you can say that for every big manufacturer.

Think I'd rather look for one on the used market than order one new from the custom shop since they're so cheap in comparison.

I can't give an educated opinion on which one of them pulls off the frettless thing better, but I hate the pup placement on the fretted Wicks I've played. Didn't really mind the neck after I got used to it, but I like the Cirrus neck better.

10. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Out of curiosity how many of each brands custom offerings have you seen in person or are you basing this on reputation and hearsay?

11. funkadelickbass

funkadelickbass

Aug 13, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'm not looking for a custom bass...I just like the I dea that I can get a few different options if I were to go with peavey...

If I had the money to go custom I'd for sure go LaCompte...a few guys around me rave about them and I for sure am going to give him a call when I go that route...

I am still undecided between these 2...but i know for sure it'll be one of these two

12. motleystew

motleystew

Apr 29, 2006
    Lewisville, TX
    I am totally biased about my love for Warwick, but I did play a Cirrus the other day and It was awesome!. Very nice bass. I do not belive you could go wrong with Warwick or Peavey.

13. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Peavey.

14. I don't know the Peavey but I have a great fondness for Warwicks and will buy one shortly.

15. funkadelickbass

funkadelickbass

Aug 13, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    so far all i got is both kick ass...hmmm

16. I know what you mean. This bass is a total beginner bass. :rolleyes:

130-3066_IMG.

17. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

I never thought I'd see the day when we'd have a Warwick vs. Peavey thread.
    I guess it says a lot about Peavey's ascension in the quality bass world.

18. SERPENT865

SERPENT865

Jan 1, 2007
    Wichita , KS
    I am a Peavey player and I dont see any quality problems with them.

19. funkadelickbass

funkadelickbass

Aug 13, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Quality isn't and issue...both just kick a$$ and I can't decide

I want to have my mind made up by friday...otherwise I fear I won't order either and buy another fretted one...or worse, a guitar :eek:

currently
    warwick is winning in sound
    and
    peavey is winning in feel

yet I haven't played either fretless

20. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I vote Warwick. But then again I have had major GAS for a Warwick for nearly 2 years.