Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GAS'n 5-string frestless! Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gottawalk, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Well, Crap! I've got a Warwick Fortress-1 4-string fretless and it's worked out REALLY great! (Got it earlier this year; my first fretless...)

I'd gotten used to a 5-string Fender Jazz (fretted), before that and I REALLY miss the low B! I've got GAS for a Corvette fretless FNA Jazzman, after trying one out that a guy had set up SO sweet!!!

So! I can't make up my mind as to whether or not to look for the Corvette FNA, or get a Fender Jazz 5, as a fretless, to go with the one I have, or what!!!

What are my other options of basses to try out that have the neck width of a Fender or a Warwick FNA, that are a 5-string and have a tone like either one? I love them both, but can't seem to find them available, so far, nearby! (I think that the fretless versions are hard to come by...)

Since I'd be replacing the Warwick with either one, I'd be willing to part with the 4-string fretless, and I've got a Rickenbacker 4001, mid "70's to sell, too. That's my budget, plus maybe a $100 or two from gigs for the upgrade.

Thoughts???