1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gassing for a 6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by opivy3056, Apr 11, 2005.

1. opivy3056

opivy3056 stardust in a light beam

Oct 14, 2004
    San Diego
    hey whats up?
    I've been saving some money for a car but it seems like its kind of going down hill. I cant really tell. But meanwhile I've been looking at the new spector Legend 6 stringers.

Anyone know any sites where you can find the bubinga with the natural finish? Musicians friend only has the quilted maple.

I dont have any experience with spectors, and there arent any places around here to try them out. Anyone know what you would compare them to? Is it worth spending the $700 i've saved up?

thanks

2. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    I'd go with the Ibanez BTB prestiege 6. It kinda blew out every other bass in the store, also check out the esp(LTD) 6 for a little over half the price, it's the best six you can buy in that range.

3. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Spectors are cool, also check out the Yamaha's and Brice's, Ibanez not bad either ..... lots of decent starter 6ers around right now ...... also check Dean :)

4. Sane

Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    Id go for the car... those 2 extra strings wont get you to work :smug: J/k I second the Yamaha... not an Ibanez fan in general really ... But imo I wouldn't spend my 700 bucks I saved up unless I played something that jumped out and told me to take it home.

5. opivy3056

opivy3056 stardust in a light beam

Oct 14, 2004
    San Diego
    That ibanez prestiege looks sweet but its probably out of my price range right?

I looked at a lot of the others, the spector just looks the nicest.

6. +1 on the Ibanez. The BTB models are definately not your run of the mill Ibanez. Very high attention to detail, nice woods, wonderfully set up, killer action and tone. I'm actually considering looking into getting one of the Pedulla 6 string Buzz fretless basses. I wont have the money for one of those for at least a year though.

7. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    There are pictures on this here forum that have the Bubinga Spector in question. I know that Josh Curry and I own one of these. They are great basses. I'd buy the Spector again if it got stolen.

8. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    The Peavey Fury is also an excellent affordable 6-string. It looks, feels, and sounds like a much more expensive bass.