1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GASsing for a Seafoam/Surf Fender P or J

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by collicsws6z28, Feb 26, 2008.

1. collicsws6z28

collicsws6z28

Jan 29, 2007
    Recently saw a few pics of these colors and can't seem to get them out of my head....anyone know where to find one used other than the hoppus sig? I know fender japan had some in the 80s, any japanese sites around that sell them? If you have one and want to sell, let me know

2. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
  3. Everything is for sale :) However, it would take a lot of $$$ to pry this one out of my hands!!! It's light and easy to play, just an overall great bass. It's actually Surf Green, not Seafoam.

Good luck trying to find one, they are few and far between. I'm in the process of painting one of my Electras in Shell Pink Nitro. If that works out well, I'll probably do another MIJ Fender P in Seafoam.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
  5. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Build a warmoth... They'll paint it that color for you.

6. mattvon

mattvon

Jan 22, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    That's a hot color! :D

7. I'd much rather start with a solid MIJ P bass. It will be lighter with a more player friendly neck. Resale value would be better as well. I like Warmoth stuff, just not for a project like I want to do.

8. collicsws6z28

collicsws6z28

Jan 29, 2007
    Does ishibashi have anything floating around there...i can't navigate that site worth a damn, so I couldnt find anything

9. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    There is always the refinish route. That's what I did with this bass, which was originally black. While I was at it, I put in DiMarzio Model J pups. :)

SurfBod.

10. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    It will be lighter, that's for sure. I don't agree with you on the neck, though. My Warmoth P neck is one of the nicest I've ever played. Was totally suprised by that.

11. I think that's going to come down to personal preference. I have a Warmoth P necked bass as well and MUCH prefer the Fender MIJ neck. Again, have nothing against Warmoth, my all time favorite Jazz bass has an OLD Warmoth neck and I LOVE it!!

12. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    That's true, it's always preference. My self, I'd love a P or J in something like Daphne blue.... ooooh man.

13. Very nice!!!

14. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Buy a MIM Fender that you like, then buy a Warmoth body (there's a 3-piece P-bass body in the Showcase right now for $145) and have them finish it in Surf Green. You'd be looking at a little over $300 for the finished body. Someday, if you ever sell the MIM, you can put the original body back on it and keep the surf green Warmoth for your next project...

M

15. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Seafoam/surf green and sonic blue are at the top of my list, but daphne blue would be cool, too. Fender made the Highway Ones (both Ps and Js) in daphne for 2-3 years, but discontinued the color in 06/07. They pop up on the 'Bay once in a blue moon.