1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gassing for a tube head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dbase, Dec 12, 2011.

1. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Is this the way its going to be for us "senior bass players? It seem to me that most TB'rs under 30 use heavy tube amp heads while those over 30 like me use the lighter SS heads. I'm 65 and would love to have an old fashioned tube head but I cant handle the weight. My Hartke LH500 is 29 lbs and thats the most I want to lug including the cabs. I wish the govt would supply roadies along with Medicare coverage.

2. Richard_P_Harve

Richard_P_Harve Supporting Member

May 19, 2011
    Too funny.....

3. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    suck it up, old man! Lift with your legs, wear a truss, remember to hydrate.

4. I have GAS'ed hard numerous times in the past (and still do) for a all tube head, but you are right most of them are pretty heavy and bulky. I remain content with my lighter and smaller solid state Peavey amp. I'm 25 and already have neck and back problems ;)

5. slaps76

slaps76

Jul 10, 2008
    Medford, MA
    I'm 35 and will be soon going to a micro head. Oh well!