1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gator 4G Series Gig Bag - Two Electric Bass Guitars

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BrokeDownSouth, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Anyone use this gator double gig bag? Apparently it's new so I can't find any reviews yet. I've had good experience with gator's rack cases and now I'm in need of a double gig bag. This one's at a good price point, $99 on every major website.

Let me know what you think if you've used one.

2. Anybody? Bump.

3. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
  4. Just got the Gator double bag from Sweetwater. I'll post a little review here this weekend.

5. Here it is fully loaded:

Attached Files:

6. Side pocket has one large mesh internal pocket. The pick clip is not all that useful even if you use a pick.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  7. The handle is rubber and pressure locks together.

Attached Files:

8. buldog5151bass

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    My main concern is protection, whether used for one or two basses.

9. Internal padding is minimal. There is only 1/2 padding betweenthe two halves at most. There is a bottom 'Bump pad' in there. High wear areas are reinforced. A lot of room. Almost any bass would fit. I wish there was a neck strap to help keep the bass in place.

Attached Files:

10. I don't like having these clips on the backpack straps. I can see them coming undone accidentally causing 2 basses to get dropped.

Attached Files:

11. Overall impression is good build quality but spartan design to meet a low price point. It is light and two basses on my back didn't feel cumbersome.

12. buldog5151bass

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Let me ask you this. If you had two good basses, and wanted something to bring both to gigs in your car, is it worth it? Also, would it be a little better if you wrapped either or both bases, say in a soft towel?

13. Yes it is fine for travel in your car. I wouldn't use it in a situation where it was piled against other gear that it could rub against or have stuff fall on it. I'd opt for a more expensive case rather than wrap and unwrap 2 basses every time.

14. buldog5151bass

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Thanks.

15. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Sorry, but I wouldn't use a gig bag under any circumsances. The few bucks you save buying a gig bag instead of a hard case isn't worth the danger of a smashed bass. Even in the situation where you think it will be under control at all times, it will not be.

16. buldog5151bass

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I have a soft case that has lasted over a decade - thinking about what to get for my new build.

17. I personally can't stand hard cases. Willing to take the risk for the convenience. Never had a bad damaged with one.

18. i know its an old thread but was it worth the 99 bucks? I'm thinking of getting it. let me know,thanks.