Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gator Cases-opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowmid1, Jul 2, 2005.

1. lowmid1

lowmid1

Aug 16, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm looking for opinions on the Gator Shock Racks.....functionality, durability etc. No one around here seems to carry them so I haven't been able to find one to look at.

Also looking for opinions on the Gator rack bags.....I'm considering a 3 space for my GK1001. Are these any good?

Thanks

2. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I have a 4 space shock rack. For the money a great deal. I wish the rack was a little more sturdier... the hardware particularly. All the hardware wasn't galvanized, which I was told a problem with some of the earlier cases. There is also a locking case with front and back locks.

It also has a front and rear mount rackrails. This is great if you have something with rackmounts on back. I have my DB359 mounted in the case and it fits perfectly. Really like the case. Overall, I really like the case

3. I have the gator rack bag designed for laptop, and it works pretty great as a mobile recording studio. I have a laptop, firepod, all the cables & power supplies, headphones, mics, all in one, and mostly all connected and ready to go. I just need that and the mic stands, and I can carry my "studio" in and set up in a couple minutes. I have room in there for my external hard drive too, but I just use that for archiving. It seems quite sturdy. Nothing bad has ever happened though.