1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gator GigBox Pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by EricF, Dec 26, 2006.

1. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
  2. Markus Bender

Markus Bender

Dec 15, 2005
    Germany
    I'm also interested in the gigbox...
    Does anybody have infos?

3. Markus Bender

Markus Bender

Dec 15, 2005
    Germany
    bump...

more infos here
    I'm interested in the gigbox junior.

4. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I am interested also. I was thinking to buy one in a very near future.

5. vic_6

vic_6

Dec 19, 2004
    Manila, Philippines
    i know a few people who gig with it.

personally, if you're not going to use the stands, you'd be better off with something else. it's huge. huge that' it seems like such a hassle to bring around.

those people i know who use it like it though. i just think it's a little too bulky.

6. sikamikanico

sikamikanico

Mar 17, 2004
    I dig the design, I may steal it for my homemade pedal board...

7. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I decided it's way more real estate than I need. I'm slowly putting together a new pedalboard built to fit a 19 x 13 ATA briefcase.

8. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    one of the guitar players in my band uses one...and he uses the lid guitar stand as well (which is a great idea)...It's cool but as mentioned above, it's big...

It also has wheels on one end and a handle on the other...so you can wheel it around...

9. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Looking at the Gator and others, I had grand plans to build a pedalboard into the shallow side of an ATA briefcase. It was going to have a built-in pair of outlets for power and all the cabling would be concealed under the board. Man, it was going to be slick! However, I got to thinking that I'd then need an extra box for cables, tools, etc - one more thing to carry. I've decided to go with a removable pedalboard that will fit into the deep side of the case with spacers underneath it to leave room for the previously mentioned supplies. That way, the board comes out, and the case gets closed back up. A closed box is much less inviting for theiving little fingers than an open tray, but more importantly, it means one less thing to carry.