Gator Lightweight Cases

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Taustin Powers, Sep 30, 2003.

1. This seems to be an interesting hybrid of gigbag and hard case. Thick foam interior, but the exterior of a gigbag (=less weight, easier to handle). Anyone have any experience with these?

(That's a guitar case in the picture - the bass version is rectangular in shape from what I hear.)
  2. I use one and like it alot. Good compromise beween a gig bag and hsc.

I used exclusively gig bags but I wanted more protection and the ability to carry on back or shoulder.

The Gator has a shoulder strap so I can carry it over my shoulder and push my gear w/both hands. One trip. The envy of all.
    (Not really though, I go back for my Starbucks and second bass.)

Anyway, fits my Zon's like it was made for them. Is holding up well.

Couple of nits: There is a strap that keeps the lid from opening past 90 degrees and that bugger gets caught in the zipper all the time. Size is the other. It take up much more room then a gig bag.

Very good bang for the buck!

Oh yeah, the bass case is rectangular.
  3. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    I also have one and love it. Mine is also rectangular (not bass-shaped like the one in the picture). I got mine from

I've used mine for several different basses over time, and it's always been a great fit. The cutout that cradles the neck helps to keep the bass well supported.

It's similar to the Protec hard/soft case used by Roscoe, Alembic and Lull.

I give mine a very big thumbs up!!

The other regular gig bag I like is the Levy's CM19E (I think that's right). It's the one with a soft furlike interior, basically like the one F-Bass uses. I got mine at Gxxxxx Cxxxxx.