1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gator power supply...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by selfblessed, Sep 5, 2008.

1. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have a Gator Powered Pedal board. Cool Board. Nice power supply. They work together pretty well. One thing I hate about the power supply though...Is the power adapter plug deal. There is only maybe 6 feet of lead and is kinda flimsy. Can anyone tell if the plug does anything? If the power supply does what I think it does I think you can cut it off and solder it to a male plug deal and get a 9 to 12 foot remove-able lead.
    Anyone know what that thing does?

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    If you're talking about the big chunky bit that looks like a wall wart, the part that plugs into the wall, that's a wall wart. I suspect it steps down the power to levels usable by the distribution box. Note that the skinniness of the wires connecting it to the distribution box indicates low voltage. If I'm right about that, then replacing it with a regular power cord would be fatal to the distribution box and probably to your pedals as well. Might even start a fire.

3. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah that is what I was thinking too. You know what. I am going to get a long extension cable and keep the wall wart under board.
    or...
    Well not really sure. I really dig the new pedal trains with the holes in the back for the power cord. Not sure what power source that works with.

4. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Those holes were cut to match up with the Voodoo Labs PPII.

5. why don't you just get a really long extension cord with a male to female, and then all you need to do is plug the wall wart side into the extension,... cos the main thing that annoys me with it is that the plug is square and makes other plugs hard to fit near it :(
    so thats my plan,...