Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gator Rack Cases

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by orskard, Mar 6, 2005.

1. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
  2. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    this rack would rack go from rail to rail 12", thats really small. I guess i would have to get the bigger gator or an SKB

3. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    I just took my amp, furman pwr cond. and BBE maximizer out of an 6 space flight case, that sucker was too heavy. I ordered a 2 space skb 10-1/2" deep for my 2 effects to go into, free S&H from Samash. Then ordered a 2 space case from Rondomusic.com for my amp alone. It is skb-like, 16" front to back rail, cheaper than anything I saw on ebay. Of course when I place the skb ontop of the amp case it is not a perfect match, a little wobbly, so I either bungee them at the handles and/or laying a small cloth towel between them helps steady it. Works for me. :cool:

4. id rather get the skb x shallow rack, it 10 inch depth, perfect for my galline-krueger 1001RB-II

5. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    My GK 1001RBI fits into my skb shallow rack nicely. Now my GBE 600 is about 14" deep so I wanted about a 15" or 16" deep case to also store the folded power cord in the back of the case, have to allow for that when your talking inches. This case from rondo works well for me, now with the front and back covers on it is about 20" wide total.

6. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    yah, my PLX is a just around 14" so its hard to find a case, its either a small effects rack, like 10" deep, or a huge large amp rack like 22" deep.

So im still in search of the right rack. I think SKB is the case im gunna get, once a good one comes up on ebay.

7. I have one SKB 2 space rack, a Gator 4 space and a Gator 6 space. I chose the Gator racks over the SKB racks because Gator racks have front and rear rails. The SKB has only front rails. SKB racks may be just a tad stronger but they cost more. I use a vented rack space on the rear rail with cord ties to keep all my cords neat and secure. One thing I found out about Gator cases is they smell just like and electrical fire. Before I got my second Gator case I kept wondering what was shorting out in my case. When I got the 6 space I noticed thats what they smell like new.

8. ..i've noticed that too, my 6 space smells like that