Gator racks ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Anybody got some experiences they would want to share about Gator racks ? ( the plastic tube's )
  2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    can i see a link or a pic of said rack?
  3. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    I know B&H in midtown started carrying them. veeeerrrry similar to SKB which is only natural cause it was started up by a couple of guys who left SKB.
  4. [​IMG]

voilla :)

i know they're nice for effects, but how would it hold up with a hartke 3500 + 2 effect-units ?
  5. fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    I bought one today at a going out of bussiness sell. I got the 6 space for $100. Ehhh... I wouldn't trust a tube amps in this thing but it is just fine for wireless, tuners, effects, power supplys... you know, light weight rack stuff.

PBFACTOR Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Boise, ID
    as good as the skb i had for years. i needed more space so i got a gator about a year ago. i've been gigging with it, and no problems. i also ask alot from it, i have an aguilar db359. here's a pic.
  7. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    I got a Gator with shock suspension in it, and it sucks because it wont hold up under my 30 pound Carvin poweramp. Its a POS for heavy things but light weight, its fine.
  8. I've got the suspension mount Gator. My QSC was draggin it down a bit, so i made some rear rail mounts, and now it works absolutley great.
  9. I use a 6-space Gator roller rack for my QSC RMX-850, a reverb, a compressor/limiter, and my RBI preamp. I love it. It holds all that stuff plus the PA cables as well, and the wheels are great.

I also use the rear rack mounts for the RMX-850. It's absolutely essential in a plastic rack with aluminum frames like the Gator and the SKB ATA versions. Without it, the power amp is so heavy it bends the front rails and causes the lids to line up incorrectly. With the rear mounts installed, it's solid as a rock, and about as durable, IMO.
  10. 2 cents.
    I have the SKB case (not rotor type) and they have the rear rails which I think every mounting should use. I'm usually the guy who buys rather than builds, but when I saw how much QSC wanted for rear rack mounts...I built my own for about 3 bucks. I just modified some angle bracketts I got a Home Depot and my PLX is solid as they come...
  11. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Big string
    Could you elaborate a bit on your rack supports? What kind of angle brackets did you use and what did you do to them? I need to support the rear of my stew 1.2. Thanks