Gatorade is better than Water

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Apr 16, 2004.

1. After alot of scientifical analysis and multiple mathematical trials, I have decided that gatorade is indeed better than water.

Basically at Crew practice, I notice that I'm always running out of water when I use it. (I use empty gatorade bottles) I go through it really fast, and never have enough.

When I use the same sized bottles filled with gatorade, I find that I only need to drink a little in teh beginning of practice, and I will remain hydrated and unthirsty for most of practice, and I find myself reaching down for the bottle not-so-often.

Basically, Gatorade pwns Water.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It is a very thirst quenching drink, and it does help you stay hydrated and it gives you energy. The only thing that it doesn't have over water is that gatorade is full of sugar.
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Gatorade can... er, well, perform explicit acts upon various and sundry parts of my body.

Water pwns all. Period. Are we made up of mostly Gatorade? I think not: case in point.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    despite what gaterade commercials would lead you to believe.
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I feel so lied to after I popped open a can of Coors Light and did not have women throwing themselves upon me, I don't trust ANY commercials anymore.

Shame, too, since the George Foreman Grill really is a Lean, Man, Grilling Machine.
  6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    For all those men you need to grill.[​IMG]
  7. sure, gatorade can quench yur thirst, and gatorade does in fact own water (propel fitiness drinkith) i have come to the conclusion by adding 14 (bottles of gatorade in a 14 pack) and 54 (drops of water from something) divided by pie (raspberry) equals a really sugary watery pie. in conclusion, again, i have come to the conclusion (3rd times the charm) that.....

8. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

Gatorade is better than water simply from the fact that it came from University of Florida. Gators!
  9. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Ummm, ew. Do you not know where they got the formula for gatorade? They measured the electrolytes in sweat. They collected the sweat of several football/soocer players (That's American Football to all you round-speckled-ball football players.) and tried to replicate the same levels of electrolytes. Then they added flavoring.

So you are drinking sugar laden artificial human sweat.

Again, I reiterate. Ew.
  10. Sugar baddd. I only use Gatorade when performing in sports like I used to. I try to stick to water and Crystal Light drinks.
  11. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Ah yeas...I do recall a time when K Marts in Michigan were closing so I thought the great deals on Gatorade was just that's all that I drank for about a week least two a day....ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh boooooooooooyyyyyy! Let's just say the sytem was completely cleaned out!
  12. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI what does Red Bull and Mandarin Absolute give ya?
  13. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Did you really conduct scientific analyses? What was the level of significance, p-values, etc?

I try not to drink gatorade or other sports drinks, they are bad for your teeth more than anything, if you drink too much...
  14. I prefer my 8 glasses of water in the form of beer. That article isn't backing me up though :p.
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I like water. The sports drinks are only during strenuous physical activity. I would never drink them as a casual beverage.

16. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Well I strongly believe that nothing is as good at putting water back in your body as, well, putting water in your body. Drink water. Drink lots everyday. Even if Gatoraid really is more efficient at hydrating, consider the price compared to water which is free. Consider that you are once again being tricked by society to consume more sugar and to buy products that you don't need. Drink water.
  17. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Water is the best :)
    I drink at least 2 litres a day.
  18. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I drink between 1-2.5 gallons a day. Usually 1-1.5 on any given day (2 or more is pretty rare), and have about 6 gallons of water chilling in the fridge at any given point in time.

I be one hydrated mofo.