Gave my friends a harsh reality check

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Mar 27, 2004.

1. I hang out with this girl and this guy all the time and both of them fight ALL the time over stupid stuff like who gets the front seat to what it is actually saying in a song. They both scream and curse as loud as possible when they do, making it unbearable to want to be around them. But nonetheless I keep coming back and dealing with it. Well last night was the final straw.

We were in my car and a song comes up and they start screaming and cursing about what the song is saying. I tell them to shut up and they continue to fight. I tell them to please stop because I can't drive while they are screaming in my ear, and they continue to fight. Well I got pissed, pulled over and screamed "SHUT THE &(*^ UP! YOU TWO ALWAYS FIGHT ABOUT BULL&)%# LIKE 10 YEAR OLDS AND IM SICK OF IT! I SWEAR ONE MORE TIME AND YOU WILL WALK HOME!". They had the most shocked face because they have never heard me get that pissed off before, but needless to say they stopped.

But, they are hard headed and 10 minutes later begin to fight again about some other crap. I was extremely pissed so I pulled into a gas station, told them to get the hell out and to not call me tomorrow. They got out and more than likely fought all the way back home. I still consider them my friends but I am sick of the crap they always pull and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Was I too harsh on them or did they deserve what they got?
  2. I say you did what you should have.
  3. I think you did the right thing. I always hate when i go over to a friends place and he and his wife start fighting or something...very uncomfortable.
    Some people just need to be clued in from time to time.

I say good for you for not taking any of that crap.
  4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    **claps hands**

very good my friend

people like that need reality checks
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  6. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    3 Days Grace- I hate everything about you ;)
  7. eww.
  8. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    That...seems kinda mean. Funny as hell though. You probably did do the right thing.

9. Word yo !
  10. AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Well, I'm sure what you did was very theraputic. But I'm not sure how effective it was. They communicate by fighting and yelling but they never resolve anything it seems. So you yelling isn't going to get much across.
    I think what you should do is to just sit them each down, perhaps individually, and just calmly and rationally let them know how you feel. If nothing changes after that, perhaps it's a good idea not to hang with them together. Perhaps you should just hang out with one at at time.
  11. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Way to go! Usually a long walk home will get you thinking, so maybe they might have learned something.
  12. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I would have ran them over. :)
  13. My thoughts exactly. Murder solves just about any problem. :)
  14. Meh, me and my friends fight, yell, scream, and swear at each other all the time when we're driving.
  15. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Nice job. Pretty good way to deal with it. You just had to talk to them how they understood, which happens to be screaming. Telling them to get out of the car when you said you would tells them you are serious. Nice job. I am sure they will learn something.
  16. raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    I'd say you did the right thing. Maybe it'll open their eyes a bit to how they act
  17. ThatOneGuy

Jan 2, 2004
    Or maybe it won't do anything :meh: . I agree though, they got what was coming to them.
  18. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I'd be surprised if they got anything out of the experience excect a reason to resent you. They sound pretty ****ing stupid.

19. That is what I am thinking.

But what drives me even more insane is when they aren't fighting, they are like the happiest married couple in the world (Note:they aren't married or even dating, just so noone gets confused). Their relationship just confuses me greatly.