1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gawd! That is Loud

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassboysam, Jun 22, 2007.

1. I picked up a Tryanor Monobloc II the other day to have a as a back up amp (I have been know to blow power tubes on a somewhat regualr basis). I thought I would try it out at our practice last night and I was completely awe struck. This thing is insanely loud, and I was not even runnig it at 2 ohms. I played through my 4001 Ric and an ampeg 810. I can turn the gain and the master on full and the amp stays clean. Granted it does not cut through nearly as nice as my tube heads, and it doe not quite have the warmth I like (I could hardly hear my self playing fingerstyle too) but it can get quite a killer tone when using a pick.

The Traynor blows everything I have ever tried out of the water in terms of volume. When I was plying by myself this amp was louder than my YBA-3, Fender 300 PRO and my '78 SVT with the same setup. And compared to other solid state amps, the yorkvile XS800 could not keep up, nor did the SWR 550X, which are both supposedly higher wattage. Just insane, I can't wait to try it with 2 810s and see how loud itcan get.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021