1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GB 6.0-12 Cradle Handle?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tom Stone, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Tom Stone

Tom Stone

Dec 11, 2011
    I wanna remove the whole cradle handle off from my
    GB6.0112T so I can sit my Eden EX12 on top since it's a smaller speaker box. Any lock washers and nuts that can fall inside the factory GB 1x12 speaker box that came with it?
    Yes I know it not a matching cab but it's good enough for my needs to keep up with a loud drummer so I don't toast my GB amp and cabs trying to keep up, but just wanna make sure when I pull the cradle handle **** doesn't fall out and starts rattling inside the GB 1x12 speaker cab.

Thanks

2. Tom Stone

Tom Stone

Dec 11, 2011
    Anybody :confused:

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Patience Tom the Genz Benz guys will be along shortly! :)

4. Firesalt

Firesalt Is good enough. Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    It's probably just wood screws in there. If it's ported you can always shake the cab until they fall out if it's not. :D

5. Tom Stone

Tom Stone

Dec 11, 2011
    Never mind just realized that the speakon cable is gonna be right in the way .
    Dah what the heck was I thinking? oh yea I was wanting the looks of a minture 2x12 stack but gonna have to be a 2x12 side stack.

6. Etienned

Etienned

Jul 16, 2010
    Montréal
    Do you need the handle part ?

I use two small metal L with some felt to install my shuttle on my second cab. It's not fancy but it secures the head in place.

Attached Files:

7. I did exactly what you were planning to do, and as far as I know, nothing fell into the cabinet. I hope GB does not chime in and say otherwise. :)

Brian