GB Basses (UK Custom Manufacturer)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rumblebass, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Just collected my Rumour 4 from Bernie Goodfellow of GB Basses. Finish is red/black Wicca over a quilted maple veneer. Plays like a dream, sounds like heaven!!
  2. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Beautiful! Just what I need, more temptation to by a GB :D
  3. Here's another pic, plus my rig. Awesome!
  4. I am v v v v v jealous you have a Rumour, tis my Dream bass with your particular wood choice but with maple neck...

I have a GB IV myself and i still stand by and say its the best bass ive played but those rumours are so0o0 sexy its untrue. Saving and saving as we speak for another GB..

Hope its a good realtionship u have with it... i know i have an intimate one with me.. :p
  5. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Very nice!
    I just got off the phone with Bernie and he's going to e-mail me a couple pictures of the maple top he picked out for my 5-string Spitfire, which should be done in a month.

The Rumour models are beautiful and yours is no exception. Enjoy!!
  6. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I used to have a Rumour 5-string (with a few custom alterations, slightly different body and headstock shape, etc) and it was a lovely bass. The only thing was, the longer I owned it, there were some little things about it that began to niggle me, such as the neck's dead spots becoming more apparent, and the fact that the sound was kinda hard to put into a mix for the style of music I play.

Full respect to Bernie for his instruments, I guess they just weren't for me... :(

Unbelievably happy with my new Sei Bass at the moment... I still need to post pics of it! :D

Russ :bassist:
  7. Russ

Yes where are those pictures.

Come on, come on we are waiting:D